Case Eight: Double (or more) Couples, Double (or more) Problems (Part 4)

She is a rather petite woman, with shoulder-length blonde hair (which strangely looks good on her, despite the fact that she is Korean, because, well, sometimes that hair color is not that suitable for people from Asia), and cute face, but those eyes show that she is not just a pretty face. They hide more mysterious side of Kim Taeyeon.

"Both of you...., why?"

And Soojung comes into the middle of the conversation.

"As I have said before, their names are in the list of those who helped our third victim. Lee Jooheon-sshi is working alongside with third victim to deal with couples that have joined the couple's retreat program, whereas Kim Taeyeon-sshi is the event organizer of that program."

"My father is a psychiatrist, so it's not a strange thing to help dealing with this kind of matter," she speaks again and Sooyoung can see that Sehun is rather nervous. "Detective Jung called me and asked to be cooperative on this case. I will help you guys no matter what. Park Junhee was a kind and sweet woman and she didn't deserved to be murdered in such cruel way."

"What is this program, actually?" asks Jongdae, who actually is still on his sanity and not that shocked. Minho is more shocked than Jongdae, because of whatever reasons he has.

"Annual couple's retreat. We listen and try to patch and stich things up between couples who have been astrayed or separated but they still want to be together, mostly because of their children or their hopes that they still can be together. We take them to some secluded area to focus on being together again. We then still monitor them for couple of months until they have firmly decided which path they want to take regarding to their marriage. Most of the cases that we are dealing with, we meet with success rate. However, couples that have history of violence or drug abuse are not accepted; they should go to police or government facilities that deal with those matters. We are private, so we do not really want to deal with law enforcement."

"But he is there," Jongin points to Jooheon.

He smirks. "I am here for helping. I will give other psychiatrist some recommendation whether they need to bring the couple's cases into higher level or not."

"...., So you can deal with the divorce procedure too?"

"Well, not in that way, Prosecutor Kim, I am not bribing some judges in those cases. I just encourage my fellow friends to be objective at court, if their patients decide to separate."

Sooyoung can feel the bitterness in their conversation. They are polite to each other, but they are still blaming, or somehow their tone seems to be blaming each other for something that is still absurd at this point.

"By the way, Detective Jung told me Sseul is pregnant. Congratulations, Sseul. And I am so happy to see you lose some weight."

And Jongdae holds Minho's hand as if he wants to barge into Jooheon; Soojung lowers her head and Sooyoung can see Seulgi bites her lip.

Jongin? Don't ask. He looks like he will explode.

"Uh, Jooheon-sshi, we are here to talk about the case, especially the third victim." Soojung, again, comes in the middle of the conversation, "why don't you explain the details to us? This goes to Kim Taeyeon-sshi too."

"That is unbelievable!" Joohyun shouts and then everyone turns to her. She smiles sheepishly and Han rubs her head like they actually talk about themselves and their relationship. "We are talking about our next trip, hahaha."

And everyone goes back to their activities.

"So, that text said that Detective Oh had a girlfriend before?" asks Yixing.