Case Eleven: Clear As Sky, Dark As Night (Part 2)

Kyungsoo has just finished cooking his dinner when the phone rings. He grunts a while before answers it, and groans when he sees the caller's ID.

Detective Pain-in-ass a.k.a. Detective Oh.

"Hello? Why are you calling me?"

"Can you be here?"

"What?"

"You, and several of your men. Do not bring so much people like usual. Bring, well, two people with you."

"What the hell and where you are?"

"I am at the party our higher people are making. I will text you the address. As for why, before you ask, one of our superintendents got murdered. We can't call you in official way because it is kinda needed to be disclosed from other guests."

"....So you are saying you all are those who know that someone got murdered and somehow I have to get there with my team without alerting anyone about the case? And by anyone here means bunch of police officers with years of experiences who could just know there is a murder scene just by standing nearby the crime scene?"

"Sounds fun, doesn't it?" Kyungsoo sighs. "Can I just have a little time for packing my dinner? I just finished it."

"Just be here quickly. I know your place is a bit far, but there is no traffic jams nearby."

"Alright. I will be there ASAP. Be careful, Detective Oh."

On the other hand, Minho is calling Joohyun, who, fortunately, is still at the precinct. "Really? A murder? What should I do, then?"

"I will try to give your surveilance camera's recordings. But before it, I need you to check on late Senior Superintendent Shim's background. His family, his friends, his enemies, his co-workers, anyone. And I need you to check his handwritings. There is a note here, dying message, we persume, but you need to compare with his recorded handwritings to see whether it was written by him before he lost his life or the killer wanted to throw the investigator off, whatever the reasons are."

"Alright. Send me the picture. Do not be blurred, though."

"And send Officer Yoon to this place. We need a deliverer from our precinct to this place. And Officer Bae?"

"Yes?"

"Do not let anyone know about it. Not even Captain Kwon. It's a long thing to explain but until it is safe, we can't tell anyone."

Joohyun blinks and she nods. There must be a very good reason on why these people do not wish Captain Kwon to be involved. "You have my word."

On the other side, Sooyoung calls Seungwan. "So, what should I do? I can't go there as I don't have any invitations."

"Stay at the precinct, Prosecutor Son. You can act like us, detectives, and receives reports from CSI or the morgue. Officer Bae will help you on that, too."

"Alright. Have you called on any medical examiners, though?"

Sooyoung turns to see Jongdae is doing video call. "We're working on it." And so, Jongdae is busy showing to Seulgi the condition of their victim. "He's the famous Superintendent Shim?" asks Seulgi and Jongdae nods. "Yeah, he is."

"Well, judging from what I see here," she stares to the image served, "he was shot, or attacked by sharp pointed thing, on his left side. I can't really determine whether it is the cause of death but I see that he lost much blood."

"Yeah, but it doesn't make a big pool nearby him. I don't think he was bled to death."

"Probably you are right. But I need to see it for making sure."