Case Two: Stab and Snap! (part 1)

"Park Sooyoung!"

She walks slowly (and she is still inside her pajamas) toward the door after she heard several knockings on her door and her mother's yell. It is not even a dream like she wants it to be.

Her parents are here and they decide to stay for the whole weekend to celebrate her promotion as homicide detective. It's not that Sooyoung doesn't like her parents arrived, but sometimes her parents, especially her mother, will not only celebrate, but also comment on her personal space like her apartment, for example.

It is too dirty! How can a girl live like this?

How can you not get any boyfriend? Police officers are mostly fine men!

You should cook more. Some mother-in-laws are still looking for a daughter who can cook more than water and ramyeon.

And many things you can imagine.

And this time, she is not wrong. Once she opens the door, her mother frowns. "You are still sleeping this time?" Her father shoots apologetic smile as he was also a police officer. However, he was in narc division for twenty years or more, and no raise or notable promotion. That is why Sooyoung determines to prove that she can do better than her father, and turns out, she is quite right, or maybe she is right.

"I just solved the case yesterday night. Some addict accidentally killed last night and somehow his mother thought he was killed so we gathered every evidences for showing the truth, which is overdosing on heroin is the cause." And because it is a normal case, the head detective position goes to Jongdae, and Sehun just walked away to his home without really telling Sooyoung and the result she was stuck with the duo to make report.

"Oh my, you sound just like your father," her mother grunts, "and seriously, you need to clean your space. I can't believe a girl can behave like you."

"Maybe we should hire a part-time housemaid or something."

"NO!" Sooyoung can't take the offer, of course. Her family isn't that loaded but his sister's marriage to somehow successful enterpreneur gives the family big help in economy scenario. That means, getting her a housemaid uses the money that her sister has given to their parents. Nope, she will not be the burden like that anymore. Living in average condition because of average traffic policewoman is enough for her. The salary now isn't that wonderful either, but she can manage to have more savings, somehow.

Yep, it is already been a month since she has moved to homicide division. The salary has come to her, too, along with bonuses she could accept once her name is listed on the report.

"I can manage to live like this well, Mom, Dad. Besides, it is common for homicide detectives not to live in their houses for couple of days. So being this untidy is also understandable."

"How many women detectives do they have in your district?"

"....None. I am the only one..., well, our captain is a woman, but she never joins any investigation directly so--"

"See?" Her mother cuts, "you live like a man! No one there understands woman's needs! Sooyoung-ah, there is still time. Please reconsider yourself to become a police officer and join blind dates instead..."

"MOM!"

"Alright, alright," her father takes the conversation, "I believe we are here to celebrate her promotion. Maybe you can take us somewhere good and fancy now you have more money than before. Now I would like to see you proper for our family outing today. What about it?" Sooyoung smiles to her father. Of course he understands way better than her mother.