Case Thirteen: Old Friend, New Love (Part 4) (Final)

"This is really crazy." Soojung complains when Sooyoung is helping her putting the skimpy dress Sooyoung has had. Don't ask how..., well, Sehun did really buy the dress she wore when they did their first 'undercover' thing. "Detective Oh likes this kind of thing? And he gave this to you?"

Sooyoung smiles a bit, "he's not buying it for me. He's buying it for his future girlfriend or whatever it is, but as for now, I borrow it from him, just in case I need this thing. I was surprised that we are about at the same size."

"We have to at least have same sizes in some area, Detective Park; that's how our physical gets evaluated. By the way, Detective Oh said he had a girlfriend and he claimed you knew it. But you just said that--"

"Oh, I forgot that he is seeing someone," Sooyoung answers with a little bit strained smile, "but his girlfriend doesn't like this or this isn't her taste, he says. So I still keep it." She doesn't lie; she doesn't like this dress a bit.

"I am curious about whom he is seeing. Sehun is not a person who is easily got swayed by some girls. Trust me; I have tried to give him some reccomendations, but he turned them off. I thought, by judging from his action, he put some attention to Doctor Kang, but nevertheless--"

"You are so cool, Detective Jung," Sooyoung says, "I mean, you still can do the work normally even though you have some history with some people in here. I don't think it is a very easy thing to do."

She turns and frowns, "what's with the sudden topic?"

"I mean," Sooyoung actually has this question for a long time but she doesn't have the right time to ask; and perhaps this time is the best time to ask, "you were seeing one of your collagues, and then you broke up with him, and shortly after that he went to another girl that was also your co-worker. But now, if a person doesn't know anything, they will not expect that story at all."

Soojung smiles. "That is what people call as 'accepting the reality.' Besides, my relationship with Jongin was already rocky. He was a romantic kind of guy while I am pessimist at some romance stories. His mother was and still a push-over woman, and I can't stand to deal with such sexist woman. Trust me, I have seen her and heard about her occasionally. But the biggest problem is he wanted to settle down while I didn't and I still don't. Also, the relationship had become a regular thing; you know, there is no excitement inside it anymore. We just did what we regularly did and at that point, I realized that it would be a dead end if we kept doing it. And thankfully, he realized it too, way before Doctor Kang came. We had ended everything before she came but we still became friends and didn't tell anyone; that's why people still thought we were still seeing each other.

"But to be honest, it was hurt when he moved on so fast, and to someone I thought I could befriend with. However, I realized there was no one to be blamed for. He was single, I was single, and Doctor Kang was single. And to be honest, again, Doctor Kang hesitated a lot because of me; I really could feel her guilt. And the drama between Sehun - that Taeyeon - Baekhyun worsened the condition at this place even more. That's when I got the offer to join Captain Lee's group. I took it for escaping this awkward atmosphere. But I went to their wedding and met a cute guy there: Jongin's cousin. I was seeing him afterwards for almost a year." Sooyoung looks so surprised and Soojung laughs. "Only Jongin knows about this. That's why he is so easy-going to me, not like Doctor Kang. She still is a bit afraid of me.So, that's it. I think accepting the reality is the answer why I can be this normal. Is this answer enough for you, Park Sooyoung-sshi?"

Sooyoung then smiles and nods. "I think it's enough."

"Why are you asking, though? Are you seeing a fellow police officer? Sehun did say you also had a boyfriend." Sooyoung licks her lips to control her nerve. Sehun said too much! "I am kinda. And I am afraid if this relationship doesn't work..., what if I have to work with him afterwards? Would it be awkward? That's why I said you were so cool."