Case Five: Untitled (Part 2)

"Now tell me what this is!"

"I seriously don't know anything, Detective Kim!" Seungwan growls back. Jongdae is like interrogerating Seungwan in the middle of the office at the middle of the night. Minho even yawns; however, his attention actually still goes to Captain Kwon who is accompanying Seulgi in her office. It seems like the captain is calling those whoever might have known about something. Seungwan will never hide something from them, not after Kyunghan incident.

Sooyoung stares to the murder board. It is still relatively empty since it is only full of the victims' identities and, well, Jongin's DNA confirmation. Sehun is standing next to her and he also does the stare.

"Detective Oh? Could it be that Prosecutor Kim killed the victim?"

"Because of what, though?" Sehun asks back, "all we know is they are junkies and perhaps drug dealers. Jongin never kills, or even harm, people if he has nothing to do with that person. And Jongin isn't narc division prosecutor; he is mafia related prosecutor."

"It might have something to do with the mafia organization or something else related."

"It could be. But we have no lead, and although I can see that he is in undercover mission, the reason, the purpose, and the intention are unknown by us. If we move carelessly, Jongin's life could be in danger or we could endanger the mission. We need to gather as much as we can to do the move." He then glances to Seungwan who is still arguing with Jongdae, "and I am afraid Prosecutor Son doesn't have the answer. But the key point is she is sent by the D.A. himself. He must have thought this is important that he asks us to handle this case even though it is not our territorial, at first, and it is not weird murder case."

That is true. Sooyoung also realized at the end of their investigation at crime scene that the place isn't inside 4th Division's area. But the D.A. asks it, and so the police superintendent gives the authority to this division.

Not long after that, Kyungsoo comes into the scene. He must have his own early examination.

"Hello."

"Hi."

"I've heard about the finding," his eyes dart to Jongin's picture at the murder board, "this might either help you guys or confuse you all. Just take a look." He then pins the photo of the bullet. "The bullets are 9mm. I have checked them all and they were coming from the same gun. The gun that we took from the crime scene is Glock 19, and the serial number is erased and now my team is trying to recover it. Meanwhile, the bullets that killed them came from the same gun, but here it is the fun part." He then pins another photo and it shows a photo of a police officer; his age might not be far from the male detectives here, "it is registered to Narc Division Detective Park Chanyeol. He went of the grid completely for about two years and now he is revived back through his guns. His gun is like yours, Glock 22, so it is different with what we found at the crime scene."

"Did you just say 'narc'?"

"And did you jus say 'he went of the grid'?"

Kyungsoo nods to both questions. "I tried to access his file after finding it out but guess what? His file is restricted. I can't open that and I am not willing to try to hack it. There is something fishy about this. Our bosses try to cover whatever this detective and perhaps with Prosecutor Kim are doing. That also means, this is dangerous and this can't be good."

Minho glances to Sehun, "so is this the right time to call your old partner, Detective Oh?"

"Hello, everybody!" The morning suddenly becomes so loud by that voice. Sooyoung gets her head's up to see who is the culprit of that noise.

Jongdae, however, smiles so wide and comes to the owner of the voice in friendly manner. "Baekhyun!"