Case Fourteen: Old Flame Never Dies (Part 4) (Final)

"According to the report given by the Thailand tourist," a police officer reads a report coming from 'officials' from Thai embassy, "the tourist was there for leisuring but the hijacking happened and she didn't really see what happened. All she said was that she was chosen by someone entering later to get out from that place."

"So she didn't know that Detective Choi was a police officer?"

"No, Sir. At least, she knew after she got out. Her Korean isn't really good."

"She literally walked into a big trap if she really doesn't know how to speak Korean, but it's all about preferences," Captain Park speaks. "Well, is there anything else?"

"No, Sir."

"What about those detectives? Have they come out with anything useful?"

"They do not do anything unusual."

He frowns. He has heard their reputation, so he hopes of some bold movements, but it seems that their capability is exaggerated. They barely do anything at this point. They don't really seem to be at same pace. Reflecting the argument between Sehun and Sooyoung, he is kind of doubting that the stories that he has heard about them is true or not.

"Let's focus on getting them all out." When he says that, the telephone is ringing again.

"I am Captain Park."

"Where are other two people that we demand?" The leader of those bad guys is the caller and he seems to be tensed about his demand that hasn't been granted. Minho is the only one that is inside that cafe when they demand others, who are Sooyoung and Changmin.

"If I give them to you, will you release all of those people?"

"What I ask is still standing. Give whom I ask, and I will give what you ask." Captain Park sighs. He signs to his people to bring those detectives. Perhaps they will want to do something more than just examining the papers.

Inside the cafe, everyone is still in eerie and silent moment. Minho and Yuri sit next to each other; Yuri seriously wants to ask who the girl before is. Minho must have known about him, otherwise, he would not save her at all. That reason is seriously weak; he could save some middle-aged bussinessmen there. But of course, she can't ask him directly. Next to her is the second bad guy and his gun is really pointing to them.

"I have talked to your superior, Detective Choi Minho," the leader speaks, "he agrees that he will send the other two people in order to release all of them."

Minho still tries not to get worried or been seen getting worried but he knows he has to buy time. "As a special hostage, I think I can ask you something."

The three bad guys and some hostages turn to him and seem that they are shocked to hear Minho's statement. "Why do you all need three of us? Shim Changmin isn't a detective, you know. He is just a regular doctor."

"The old flame never dies, you know?" The leader giggles. "You have to pay for the wrong deed your fathers have done. I don't care whether nobody of you are police officers or not. You carry your fathers' blood, therefore you are as guilty as them."

"For what reason are they guilty of?"

"You are asking too much."

"I must know the reason. If I have to die because of it, I have the right to know." Minho's demand really scares Yuri. What is he trying to do? Trying to get killed immediately? Yuri has seen how cold-blooded they are. They just killed three innocent people without any logical reasons or justification.

"Their preys didn't know the reason yet they got killed just like that. Why should I need to tell you the reason?" He then points his gun to Minho's forehead. "You are surprisingly talkative, Detective Choi. But perhaps I need to silence you before your friends watch it. Maybe if your girlfriend watch it, it will be more dramatical."