Case Nine: You've Got The Way (With Me) (Part 1)

Sooyoung doesn't feel anything.

All she can see is blurring images.

And voices.

"Sooyoung! Stay with me, okay? Don't lose your consciousness!"

Who is that? I remember having heard that voice, but who...?

"Sooyoung!"

Father? No..., the voice is different....

"Sooyoung! Park Sooyoung!"

Sunbaenim? He's here? How...., oh, he's with Prosecutor Kim, right?

She opens her eyes slowly and sees the panicked face of Sehun, now much clearer.

She raises her eyebrow. "Sunbae?"

"Stay with me, okay? Just hear my voice and do not think about anything else!"

"What about--"

"I say do not think about anything else!"

Sooyoung never sees this expression of Sehun. Not this pale, not this panicked, not this scared. She then realizes her left hand is held by him. Firmly.

"What...?"

"Sir, you need to leave her with us," a strange voice is heard and Sooyoung can figure out it belongs to the doctor. "She has to--"

"We understand," A hand circles Sehun's shoulder and Sooyoung is judging from the voice that it belongs to Seungwan. "We leave her in your hands, Doctor."

"But--"

"Let her go. She needs to be taken care of and the doctor is the one who has to." Sehun then lets her hand go and Sooyoung can feel her consciousness is faliing again. And next thing she closes her eyes just so she doesn't have to see the whole operation room's surroundings.

And Sehun turns to cry.

He literally cries on Seungwan's shoulder and she understands. She rubs his back to soothe him.

This is destroying him. And Seungwan can see why. No matter what he says, she knows the truth.

Behind them is Soojung who is looking so exhausted. She also got shot at her left side but it is not hitting fatal places like Sooyoung, nor that she got stabbed by a knife.

A nurse comes to her side. She nods and goes toward another room to be treated. Jongdae and Minho are going back to precinct to deal with the rest of those thugs.

Seulgi was sleeping but she was still alerted with her surroundings. The first shooting sound awoke her and she quickly went to wardrobe to hide herself, until she was found by Jongin. She actually bled again because she got up but miraculously, her baby is still intact. Now, she has been cared by her doctor and will be released from the hospital for her safety. The news has gotten to Jongin's higher-ups and they decide to keep the family in special place in order to hide them.

Those nurses' corps, security guards', CCTV's and the thugs' are being taken to the morgue and Minki will do his magic to solve this case.

Seungwan leads Sehun to sit at the seating nearby. He looks so defeated. And devastated. It is even more than how he looked when his step-mother case was closed.

Sooyoung's sister doesn't know what happened; she just got told that Sooyoung needed to go back because the case was progressing. And the rest of patients (except those who is from Seulgi's floor, which is not that much because it is VIP room's floor) don't know the dreadful incident.