Case One : 'I am Your Father' (part 1)

A/N: I have no idea about south korea's law enforcement so I just somehow make things up

besides, this is fanfiction so everything can be made up :)

enjoy the story

rating M for corpse and some medical explanation thing about you know, corpse

note that the district is real district in Seoul but the place, such as address, location, or name of venues are all fictional, or so I hope :)

Sooyoung stares to the building in front of her.

The 4th District Police Station.

Police cars are parked outside and many people are passing it like it is nothing more than just a mere building.

But it is not for Sooyoung. She knows she wants it and she knows she can do it. She isn't afraid of blood, cadaver, or any kind of splatter. She knows she likes to think outside the box and sleuth. She knows she is capable of protecting herself and others.

So her old job as a cute traffic police is a no-no.

Finally, somebody is giving her a chance to present what she can give.

With strong heart and determination, she goes into the building.

"Hello, my name is Kwon Boa but you should call me Captain Kwon or Sir. I do not like to be called Ma'am even though society thinks I should be calling in that way." A woman in black suit (but still looks trendy) comes into the room where Sooyoung has been waiting for. The front-desk officer told her that she should be waiting in 'Captain Kwon' 's office as she is the head of district police station.

But Sooyoung never expected to see a woman. She thought the captain is a male.

Well, then, she must have known what it is like to be a girl in police department.

"My name is Park Sooyoung."

"Detective Park Sooyoung, I might add," she then presents a badge for her. "This is your new badge, as you might not like the old one anymore." Sooyoung smiles and takes the badge without hesistation. "Your gun can be collected at the front desk. This is the permission. Welcome onboard, Detective Park."

"Thank you, Sir." She then stares to her, "may I ask why you chose me?"

Captain Kwon seems to be a little bit surprised but then she smiles, "you are the top of your class three years ago, you can shoot well, you can do mixed martial arts, you literally aren't afraid to deal with knives, guns, or brawling guys, and you know how to deal with special cases."

"....Special?"

"Four months ago, a car struck the pedestrian walk and everyone just assumed that the driver was drunk by alcohol without even trying to check him. You are the one, the rookie one, though, who insisted him to be taken to hospital and he is actually dead at the hospital but that is not the point."

"I was scolded by my--"

"But turned out, he was poisoned and lost consciousness. The symptom is just like drunken people but because you sent him to the hospital, the doctor could know what happened to him and the case is closed well. I bet you didn't know about this because your supervisor don't like to admit that he is wrong." Sooyoung had no idea before that it was a murder and everything. All she got is suspension for two weeks and nobody talked about it anymore. "You are special, Detective Park. I need someone who can see more than just what meets the eyes. I have one guy here who can do that but he needs balance and partner; and that partner is you, Detective Park."