Case Six: Family Does Matter (Part 3)

"Rise! The judge is arrived!"

And everyone raises from their seats before the judge comes in. Sooyoung is seating at the spectators' seat, although it is located near the prosecutors. Seungwan and Jongin also stand up and they look rather different with their uniform. The defenders from both sides, using suits and ties, also stands up.

The judge is a male in his fifties; his name is Jung Taehyun. He comes in, and some flashes from the cameras taken by some reporters are lighting up the room. The court has decided that the process is opened for public due to the interest of this particular case. Captain Kwon has asked that none of her personels are being mentioned somehow in this case; Sooyoung's involvement on helping is off-record. However, the re-examination of the remains done by Seulgi and the evidences done by Kyungsoo can be reviewed. The result is that there was some bad strings happened because of Jongin's and Seulgi's marriage. That's how the report of the remains is signed by another medical examiner. However, the results are just the same with the local police has published. The victim was killed by gunshot, and as there could be no fingerprint lasted that long on some surfaces, Kyungsoo had to cross-reference it with the print taken from the gun upon it being found with the first suspect's current fingerprint, and the result is that they are matched. However, as far as the prosecutors reviewed, there was no witnesses saying that there is some indication that Jang Jieun ordered the murder to be happened, or any phone number existed because the phone call was made, at that time, with burn cellphone and there is no indication that Jang Jieun bought that kind of phone beforehand. Not to mention that the lady herself has hired top-notch defenders that could twist some truths, even if what Han Myungsoo said could be the truth or not.

Before the judge arrived, the defendants have come in. Han Myungsoo was coming in with his prison outfit and his hands are handcuffed; he is reported to have wife and son, but they are nowhere to be seen. He looked and still looks scared; those flashes are not helping this poor man too. Next to come is the glorious Jang Jieun. No matter what her stepsons said about her, she was a very beautiful woman. Her features don't scream that she is in her elder days. Her demeanor is also confident, arrogant, and controlling at the same time. Sooyoung gulps everytime she looks to the woman.

She then glances to the seats near the defendants. Sehun is there. There is the reason why Captain Kwon doesn't want to be known; Sehun decided to embrace the fact that he is part of Oh family and he comes there to follow the process. Next to him is someone that Sooyoung has never seen; he looks so young and is kind of copy of Sehun, so Sooyoung suspects that he might be the last of four sons, Oh Hyunwoo. Poor kid. Sooyoung heard that he was in his high school days and this must be hard for him. No wonder he skips the school.

"Prosecutors, please lay us with the story."

Jongin gets up; after fixing his uniform, he takes the file and reads the content. "Saturday, roughly six months ago, Song Yejin was found dead at the forest at mountains. The murder weapon is the riffle found nearby the body. At Thursday, two days before the victim was found, her family, who is her brother, Song Jungshin, had reported that she was missing since Tuesday to the seventh district police office. The police had searched but due to the lack of information, the police was failed to find her, until the police at the location of where the victim was found shared the identification of the body that they found. With the family's confirmation, the police and medical examiner declared that Song Yejin was the victim of murder happened at Monday night, five days before the body was found. The riffle found nearby the body was then confirmed to be the weapon. There were some fingerprints printed and once the CSI team examined the prints, they found them matched to the fingerprints of defendant Han Myungsoo, age 41 years old, who was once arrested because of DUI. When the police came to arrest him, he confessed that he killed the victim due to jealousy; he claimed that he and the victim had an affair--"