Case Thirteen: Old Friend, New Love (Part 3)

"Do you know that the Chinese detectives are here before?"

Yifan shakes his head. "I found out from Zitao. And then I decided to come here. But I do this for Sora, not for trade any information to Han or his partner." Yifan really casually calls Han like they are so close.

"Why would Captain Zhou let him dwell into this triad's case?" Finally, Captain Kwon asks to Yixing. He then whispers to her, "he insisted to get into this case. This isn't really our case, too, as our specialty is homicide, not triad-related cases. However, those people that we have targeted have killed two police officers and so Captain Zhou could still insert his people. He insisted to be inserted and I am his partner, so I got into this thing too."

Han, however, seems to hear the suspicious whispers so he turns to them. Captain Kwon smiles to him. "What should we do now, Detective Lu? Chen Jianji was killed with his men and now Min Sora is killed too. According to Mr. Wu here, he had nothing to do with the first murder."

He keeps his mouth shut and Joohyun looks completely worried. He is not the usual Lu Han.

On the other interrogation room, Jongdae and Minho are frustrated to deal with Zitao. He doesn't talk at all, no matter how hard these detectives try.

And that is when Soojung goes in. The other detectives are shocked, for sure. "What are you doing here, Detective Jung?"

"I am here for Chen Jianji."

"He's dead."

He then realizes he just talked so he shuts his mouth again.

Soojung then speaks, "according to the other man there," she points to where Yifan is questioned, "Chen Jianji was the son of the ex-leader he overthrew from the leader throne of Flying Dragon triad. Chen Jianji was his sworn enemy too, as he wanted revenge for what that other man had done to his father. He went here from Hong Kong or Beijing to deal with this thing. Isn't that right, Mr. You-look-like-you-are-sick."

Jongdae frowns to Soojung. "Don't mind me. My sister is getting married and everyone is either asking when I will follow her footsteps or who my boyfriend is."

Minho and Jongdae then agree that women are very scary if it is something related to marriage. "My name is Huang Zitao and I am not sick."

"He's the rencarnation of Spiderman, Detective Jung." Minho then adds. "But if what she said is the truth, you could be our prime suspect."

"What? No way I will do anything like that!"

"Then tell us what you are doing for the past, uh...."

"Week." Soojung finishes Jongdae's demand. "Chen Jianji was killed earlier than yours."

"Yeah, this week." Minho repeats what they are asking again.

Zitao frowns first, "I was doing nothing but to keep Min Sora-sshi safe."

"Wow, you have done a very good job there, Mr. Huang," Jongdae sarcastically reacts. He then glares to the detectives, "but Chen Jianji was killed by unknown and I know my presence here would be a big thing for the triads, so I hid myself. I had no idea that those bad guys would use my disadvantage point to kill Min Sora..."

"How well did you know our victim? And who are you referring to as 'those bad guys'?"

"I know her as brother's beloved girl." He answers, "she's really kind and humble and has good manner. I can't see why she can't become our lady. But perhaps some people, especially those conventional co-leaders, have found her unworthy. She's not coming from triad's families or even Chinese to begin with. And she has no money as the background. But for me, if brother really loves her and is happy with her, that's enough."