Case Five: Untitled (Part 1)

"Geez, the song is just--"

"Detective Choi!" Captain Kwon comes out from her room, "you have to do something!"

"What is it, Sir?" Minho gets up quickly. Jongdae, weirdly enough, for the past few weeks after the Kyunghan's case, really likes to hear classical music. It isn't annoying for starters, but for seven days Minho has to hear the same piano tune. It drives him nuts. And so he is so happy when Captain Kwon calls him; it means he can get out from the music's range.

Different from Minho, Sehun is staring to the empty chair in front of him. Sooyoung hasn't come into the police office and it is already past the time she usually arrives. She did mention she would go out drinking with her friends from the academy, but Sehun believes Sooyoung will never let her guard down by drinking too much. Besides, that girl is really good at holding liquor.

But his worried face is wiped out with frown.

Sooyoung comes into the office with skimpy dress; although she is wearing her trench coat, she is wearing rather inappropriate outfit to the office.

"....Where the hell have you been, Detective Park?"

"Oh?" She seems to be a bit drunken too, Sehun notices, "being slept at my friend's place and I just realized the time had passed. Don't worry, I have stacked my clothes here."

"I am not really worried about that; how is about your badge and gun?"

"I left them at my house and I have the spare here." Sehun just hums as she walks out to go to shower room. After she gets refreshed and ready, she goes back to the office, where the classical music is still played.

"Same music, again?"

Sehun looks up and nods, "Detective Kim might have gotten to like classical music thanks to his new girlfriend."

"Doctor Zhang?" Sehun nods again as Sooyoung sits at her seat. She enters the password and smiles to see the updates of everyone that attended the party last night. It wasn't just a normal party; it was a bachelorette party for her friend. This friend of hers was studying in police academy too, but now she has resigned to be a housewife. Sooyoung doesn't mind the choice even though if she were in her shoes, she would definitely not give up the career.

"Hey," Minho comes to their sides, "I got a message. From our beloved Kim Joonmyeon."

"What does he want?" Sehun asks. It has been a while, well, technically, after the Star Wars case, Kim Joonmyeon has left their lives. However, after their last case, this guy regularly shows at their lives...., or actually at Yoon Rina's grandfather's cell. He seems to be untouched by the special victim's prosecutors; they have put his mother behind the bars, as far as these detectives know.

"He said something about this," Minho opens his phone, "I actually have met one of your guys at the local club. And he is involved with some dangerous people; some people I don't even want to involve with. What is going on?"

The two detectives frown. They don't seem to lose one guy at clubs and everyone practically does their job the same way as before. Well, Kyungsoo now is also trying to put some sense into Kyunghan who is in custody, but that's it. And they doubt Kyungsoo will spend their time at the clubs; that guy is more like drowning himself at library to release the tense than drinking and getting drunk.

"Have you replied it?"

"No. I am now asking you guys, since my partner is having his daydream for days; what should I do?"

"Just text him that you don't know anything and everything seems fine at the district."

"Okay," Minho quickly texts Joonmyeon back and leaves the two of them. "It seems so quiet these days, doesn't it?"