Case Nine: You've Got The Way (With Me) (Part 4) (Final)

Sooyoung opens her eyes slowly.

She then realizes many things, for example: she is at the hospital, her body feels so numb, and she is breathing through some breathing machine. And she hears the beep-beep sound that she knows it is for monitoring her heartbeats.

Wow, she thinks. Being stabbed one time requires these many things for her.

She then tries to look around, but her body is so numb, perhaps because of being sedated or because she had been sleeping for how many long she doesn't know, she can't move well. She then searches for the nurse-caller button. After she finds it, she presses it several times, until the nurse comes in. She smiles, knowing that the patient has come to the consciousness, and calls the doctor.

They examine her and seems to see that she is rather stabilized because after they leave, Yixing and Han are coming into the room. "YOU HAVE AWAKENED!"

Sooyoung is happy to see them, for real, but she also wonders that why they are still there. She is thinking she had been sleeping for months. "Why are you all here?"

"Well," Han speaks first, "we will leave tomorrow, first thing in the morning. We extended our trip, actually--"

"And actually has spent our entire days of absences. But we can't really leave you here alone without any supervision. Someone has to tell those friends of ours that you have awakened."

Now Sooyoung frowns. "How long did I--"

But another nurse comes in and stops their conversation. She does her things, which one of them is releasing the breathing thing from Sooyoung. "If you feel anything, do not hesistate to call us."

Sooyoung nods, along with those Chinese detectives. She then leaves and the duo gathers back to her bed. "Now you can speak clearly, but perhaps do not move much."

"I understand." Sooyoung smiles, "tell me more. What has happened and how long did I sleep?"

"It is for two or three weeks, give or take." Yixing is now the one who answers, "and your friend just got back from their mission. They finally captured the culprit. You will not believe who did the murders."

"But perhaps we should tell her more about her attacked incident," Han interferes, and Yixing nods. "Well, after you entered the operation room, they captured of what's left from the thugs. Your friends could also reach your first victim's ex-wife, who confirmed that he was in the thug's group and the thugs were kind of confessing that they attacked you and tried to harm Doctor Kang to revenge of what happened to their beloved boss. But when they were transferred as they had been declared 'has confessed', they were killed on the way, or we may say 'got killed on accident,' like we will believe that..., anyways, Prosecutor Kim and his family are safe now and nothing happened to the pregnancy."

Sooyoung sighs in relief. They are fine, that's the thing she wants to hear the most.

"And the process is still ongoing, you know, about their boss. Although there is still little to be confirmed, the prosecutors already issued that the attack at the hospital was done by those who loyal to him and so they reached the new boss aka his wife, to give everyone who seems unimpressed or upset with her leadership to be processed for the attack. Well, let's just say, for now, the prosecutors are playing their cards. We will see the progress later, says Prosecutor Son."

That's seriously a relieving news.

"Go back to your case, the detectives were on the spying operation into the retreat thing. It's because they figured out that the third victim, the conselour, wasn't really a clean one; she got the payments from some couples to send them there, even though they didn't need to be counseled. It was confirmed by the exes of the first and second victim. They both claimed that they were pushed by their exes, the first and the second victim, to join the retreat, only to find out it was them who found love and masked it by joining the retreat. After the retreat, they both separated from their partners, and began their own love adventure. And that fact showed that there was something going on with the retreat."