Case Fourteen: Old Flame Never Dies (Part 3)

Minho looks really shocked. Sooyoung had never made anyone known before that she could call Sehun as 'oppa.'

Sehun looks like he got insulted.

The pair stares to each other like they will rip each other apart. Thankfully, Jongdae comes and melts the coldness with his news. "Sir. I have informed two of the fathers and they will do the video conferences."

Captain Park turns to him. "That's a better idea. Before we send anyone there, let's see what your fathers tell about any link about them."

"But the timeline--"

"I will go there alone, Sir." Minho offers, "my father will understand. Besides, the special hostage there is my friend. I will try to buy time before it's decided that everyone will be sent there."

"I should go with you," Jongdae gives himself too, "I want to see whether--"

"No," Minho puts his hand onto Jongdae's shoulder, "you should be here and search things from the archive. I have told you I wanted you to do that." He then smiles assuringly. "You are the highest ranking detective in our squad, Detective Oh. Give me your permission."

Sehun stares to him. "This is a suicidal mission. They would probably kill you."

"As Detective Park said: it is our job to protect people. It's better that I got killed than those innocent hostages."

"We will put men on alert. We can't risk you using any devices now so we can't see what's happening there; but if you find any kind of hole in order to knock them out, do it and inform us. It's better that we all take them down rather than alone."

Sehun still doesn't like the idea but he doesn't know what to do anymore. He nods and Minho gets prepared immediately. Changmin offers himself to help Jongdae examining the archive. Sooyoung haf-heartedly follows Sehun and Captain Park into the trailer where the IT team is located. Joohyun is still there, too. Captain Kwon has gone to the Metropolitan HQ to report.

"Have they connected to us?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Show them to us." Two monitors flicker and they show two different environment. Sooyoung acknowledges the background of her father's video is to be their retiring house outside the city. Her mother looks so worried behind him. "Commisioner Choi. Retired Detective Park. I am Captain Park Jungsoo, and I am here as the leader of this special task force for terrorist attack. As you both have been briefed before, there is an attack at the cafe in this bussiness district and it has claimed three lives. As for now, the information that we got is that there are three suspects, all armed and dangerous, and they have held special hostage: a woman named Kwon Yuri, who is known to have associated with Detective Choi Minho from 4th District Police Precinct of Seoul. They also gave an ultimatum that we needed to send three of the police officers that have blood-relations with you two and late Superintendent Shim."

Sooyoung can see her mother's shocked face, but before she could scream, her father holds her hand. Minho's father, on the other hand, is alone and judging from his expression, he has figured out where his son is. "You called us in order to get any answer of the relations, right?"

"Yes, Commisioner Choi. We are also going through your archive but the time is limited. As for now, Detective Choi is on the way to the site to bargain and give us some time, as they forced us to give what they wanted in eight minutes from now. He gave himself first and Detective Park Sooyoung is here to talk to you all; to figure out first."

Minho's old man sighs deeply. "Dear, Sooyoung-ah, are you okay?"

Her mother speaks in worried tone and Sooyoung smiles, "I am okay, Mother."