Case Three: Love Knows No Boundary (part 3)

"Tired?" asks Yixing to Sooyoung who keeps yawning. They are now waiting at the office for any calls from CSI or morgue. And they haven't called, even though the time has shown that it is about midnight.

"Kind of."

The Chinese detectives are seated next to Sehun and to Sooyoung, respectively. Jongdae and Minho are gone, probably to home (or Jongdae is to the date, even though Doctor Zhang now is supposedly examining the victim), and they are visibly tired. Han actually is sleeping next to Sehun; however, Yixing seems to be still in charge even though his partner is seriously having trouble getting awake.

"I'll get you the coffee," Sehun says and he gets up immediately to the break room. Yixing's eyes are following his movement. "Say, is Detective Oh single?"

"Huh?" Sooyoung turns, "I guess so. He is living with his dog while his neighbor is his cousin. Never mentioned any girls or boys as partners so..., I guess he is single."

"People warned us, actually," Yixing speaks, "Detective Oh Sehun is rather mean and cold. He is well-known as one of the brightest detectives around. My friends at Korea when we entered the exchange program told us that once they heard we would be paired with you guys. But now, I think he is not that cold and mean. He is, but not as scary as what they said. Han seems comfortable working with him."

Sooyoung just nods. She knows Sehun is rather popular (and that makes her popular too).

"I thought that he went out with you, Detective Park."

"Huh?" Sooyoung gets shocked, "that's absurd!"

He shurgs his shoulders, "well, my friends said you were the only girl who could tame him, except Captain Kwon, but that's another thing, right? I mean, he seems kind to you. He even gets you a cup of coffee."

Sooyoung laughs awkwardly, "that's nonsense. He's nice to me because I am a good partner of him. I know where to draw the boundary, well, as he has said that, so he said he felt rather comfortable with me. He doesn't see me as a girl or anything; he sees me as a partner, and that's all matters. I don't want to be seen as beautiful, weak, and childish doll; I know my capability and I know I can be in this squad, and I am thankful he and the rest can see my quality."

"I don't mean to judge you."

"No, I don't think you judge me, Detective Zhang, but your friends are wrong to think like that about me."

He smiles, "yeah, I will tell them that." Sehun then comes with two cups of coffee. "One is for you, Detective Zhang."

They smile to each other, "yeah, thank you, Detective Oh."

"Oh, you guys are not sleeping already?" A voice comes from a certain door and they turn only to see Seulgi is there. "I don't have heart to call you back to morgue so let me tell you my early examination."

"Hey, Jongin."

"Hey," Prosecutor Kim follows his wife into the scene and frowns to see Han's sleeping figure. "Is he okay?"

"Jetlag, perhaps." Yixing throws his empty cup (he drinks that coffee so fast even though it is quite hot) and Han wakes up suddenly. "Butterbeer!"

"Huh?"

Han scratches his head. "Oh no. I just dreamed I was with Harry Potter and we both ordered--"

"Butterbeer, of course," Sehun says and then he turns to the doctor, "so, what do you have for us?"

Seulgi smirks and she begins to write things on the murder board. She then puts some pieces of paper onto the board. "Our newest victim is Bang Donghun. He was murdered by air strike onto his blood system, same M.O. with our Chinese man. He was murdered at day, time frame between one until four p.m. today. He was in good condition, but he was also heavy smoker, like our Chinese victim.The contain of his stomach is barely nothing, meaning he hadn't eaten until afternoon. But I can a little bit of what's left and I found the same octopus as our previous victims."