Case Ten: There's A SNAKE! (part 3)

Sooyoung stares deeply inot the murder board. Two people got murdered in the time when people should celebrate Christmas. What a great time to make people feel that humanity has decreased rapidly in humans.

Kwon Sojin and Kim Jonggyu. These two are not even related by blood, and they seem not to know each other, both personally and professionally. Their families' members said that nobody knew each other. So is it a random murder?

No. There must be a link. Every serial cases always have link. Especially when the murders are linked by snake.

Sooyoung turns to the mythological explanation. Jörmungandr and Apep. Both are monsters in the form of snake from two different mythologies. But why the killer chose these two to somehow be drawn nearby or on the victim? And why snake? And the 'last' letters that were found in the crime scenes. One asks to be caught, one asks to be banished.

Wait.

Sooyoung realizes something.

She then frantically runs to search Sehun. Every since the big relevation that the young woman is none other than his new stepmother, he has been gone. But Sooyoung knows he is still around the precinct. She searches until she arrives at the front of the building and there he is, having a conversation with someone on the phone.

"...I know, but he can't just do that to me..., alright, if you think that's the best, do whatever you want to do, Yerim-ah..." So he is talking with Yerim, his cousin. But after that, he looks pissed and turns the phone off with groaning. Sooyoung then contemplates whether to approach him or not.

But before she moves, Sehun turns and is little shocked to see her there. "Detective Park?"

"Uh, sunbaenim, I think I found something regarding to our case."

"Really?" He approaches her. And then they, together, go back to the front of murder board. "What is it?"

"Those letters. One asks to be caught, one asks to be banished. Jörmungandr and Apep. Jörmungandr was once caught by Thor using some kind of a bait, special bait, right? And later Jörmungandr was killed by Thor before he died because of his venom. Apep had to be banished by Ra every single night so that the sun would rise; the Egyptian's priests were praying at night for Ra's strength to defeat him, or so I have heard. But my point is that--"

"The murderer points to it? Points on how these monsters are linked to those gods in the first place."

"Yes. Jörmungandr was caught by Thor, Apep was banished by Ra."

"So the murderer identified himself or herself as the monster? And these people are supposed to be the gods, but they are failed?"

"It.., it could be like that..." Frankly, Sooyoung hasn't thought until that far but that is one good conclusion. That's why the murderer killed his victims with snakes. He identifies himself as those monsters. "So basically, these people should stop the monsters but they are failed? And the monsters are actually the murderer himself? But why did they need to stop him? Did they know they would get murdered at the first place?"

Yeah, those questions also haven't been thought by Sooyoung.

"Or maybe they should stop a big incident but they didn't do it, thus the killer is on the revenge mission or some sort like that," Captain Kwon suddenly speaks. She actually has been there but these two detectives didn't realize it so she has to announce her appearance in the scene with that way. "I got a call. The police headquarters want to have some late Christmas party at 28th December. We are all invited because we have the high rate on solving the murder cases. Be there, at 7 p.m, no excuses."