Case Two: Stab and Snap! (part 3)

Wear your best cocktail dress.

Sooyoung has to run to some certain dress shop and rent to fulfil the command. Her parents are worried as she was acting like she had no time, which is true, and now her mother helps preparing Sooyoung to look beautiful and classy while her father serves some snacks. Maybe she has time to eat first.

"You are torturing yourself. This is too fast, too."

"We have so much leads, Mom. We can't lose our opportunity."

"Hey," her father comes in, "I made you fruit parfait. It is healthy and can give you some energy." Sooyoung nods and takes many full spoon of it and she finishes eating in just one or two minutes before applying the lipstick.

"The shop also rented you these jewels?"

"Just to be sure. The bill goes to him, though."

"Your partner? Is he a chaebol or something? That shop was really looking expensive," her father asks. Sooyoung nods. "He is the second son of YR Corp., you know, that big corporation located in--"

"I know it," he cuts her, "but it is weird that he is working as policeman as he has that kind of family."

Sooyoung is stupefied for seconds, "I guess he doesn't have good relationship with his father."

"Oh My," her mother comments, "what a poor kid. He must be lonely."

"Why?"

"Because he seems like envying you," her mother gives the reason, "when we went to the crime scene, he kept looking like he was longing..., when you were talking to us about our declined plan to explore the city more. It seemed like he wanted to do it together with us but he knew it couldn't happen...., people like that used not to have happy families, Sooyoung-ie..., I am working as social worker and sometimes I help those poor unfortunate kids who go to shelter because of broken-home condition. He could have broken family."

Sooyoung agrees with her mother's deduction, but she can't do anything. She knows Sehun has set boundary around himself and it is hard to crack it down. She was so shocked to see how he interacted with his father...., and how he and his sibling talked about how they hated their father like it was a nice topic. Something bad had happened at that family and Sooyoung is curious, however, the boundary has been set and if Sehun never lets his own guard comes down, nothing can do it.

"By the way, you look really beautiful, Sooyoung-ie." Her father gives compliment, "nobody can smell that you are a policewoman if they see you like this."

Sooyoung smiles thankfully, "thank you, Father."

"So..., you know where we are going to?" Sooyoung carefully asks her senior about where they are about to go. She has no idea before (and it has become a habit for her working with Sehun).

"Gangnam-gu, of course."

Sooyoung reacts, "Oh...." then she turns to see the nightlife. Gangnam-gu isn't an answer at all. Of course she knows they will head there. They will not go to more moderate (for Sooyoung's pocket, of course) priced-places like in Hongdae. It is this kind of priviledged gentleman club they are talking about.

"So, red dress with black accent, huh?"

"You said 'search rather sexy dress.' This is what those people gave to me when I said that."

"They are right. You need to look extravagant and sexy. But don't forget to be completely confident. Rich women never feels embarassed even though their dresses aren't that covering."