Case Twelve: Once Upon A Time Of Murder (Part 1)

The alarm doesn't want to stop.

Sooyoung grunts.

Her boyfriend needs to stop tampering her alarm clock. She never uses it, but now, this thing rings a lot, particularly when he visits.

She gets up and as she rubs her hair and yawns, the television from outside is on. She uses her inside slippers and goes out. Sehun is eating a bowl of cereal (remember the fact that he can't even cook?) and he stares to the television as if it will give him gold.

"What is it?" Sooyoung asks as she goes to the kitchen.

"Just seeing what could possibly happen in the country."

"I never saw you as someone that put so much attention to politics," she comments as she also pours the cereal into a bowl. "Wait. Did the milk run out?"

"I throw it," he says as he crunches the cereal, "it has been outdated."

"It still can be eaten." She shouts, "then how do you eat your cereal, sunbaenim?"

"Soya bean milk. Yerim brought it for me. I left there in your refrigerator." Sooyoung checks again and indeed she finds a new-looking box of milk, "check the place first before you complain."

"Sorry," she says while she pours the milk. She then goes to the living room and sits beside him, together eating the cereal. This is their lives now. As they need to keep it hush-hush, nobody knows except Yerim and Hyunwoo, as Sooyoung crashes to their place occasionally. And Sehun isn't romantic guy; so far he hasn't made any grand gesture other than the day they decided to date. Sooyoung doesn't complain at all; she isn't keen with romantic stuffs, too. And if no romantic gestures done by them, the secret will be safe. They can act like normal people outside, and especially at work. Working with detectives and hiding secret from them need high skill. They don't even change on how they call each other, especially on how Sooyoung calls Sehun. On the other way, Sehun calls her 'Park.'

And their phones are ringing. These phones are located in the bedroom so both of them run together to retrieve their phones. "Hello?"

"Huh? Detective Park? Why are you answering Detective Oh's phone?"

"Wait, I think I call Detective Park. Are you with her, Detective Oh?"

They turn to each other and realize they have picked up the wrong phone. And both Jongdae and Minho asks similliar question.

"Uh, yeah. I pick her up," Sehun takes the lead on answering. "He picks me up. Now he has his breakfast here."

"Oh, is that so? Well, we need both of you," Jongdae says to Sooyoung, "there's a murder. Seongdong-gu. I will text you the address immediately."

"Hey, you two." They nod as Jongdae greets them. "You two are frequently together right now, aren't you? It's either she goes to your place first or you pick her up."

"Well, you are doing the same thing with Detective Choi. We need to follow your dynamic in order to become great pair of partner." Jongdae chuckles upon hearing Sooyoung's 'compliment'. "We are not that good, Detective Park. But thank you for your compliment. However, do not follow our next path, which is sometimes we share same bed and go to bathroom together."

Sehun and Sooyoung glance to each other.

They have done those, obviously. Roughly they have been together for one month. "What do you have? You said about murder?"

"Yeah. And this is wacky. I give this to you two and we need your whole theory of anything that could come." Jongdae leads them toward 9th floor, and some neighbors are there, looking worried and gathering as there is a big thing happened. "Why are there so many people here?"