Drunk Tattoos

"Yo, what are you doing?" Nate asked me through the phone

I glanced over at the clock, noticing it was ten in the evening on a Friday night and I was warming up some left over pizza. "Nothing really."

"The boys and I are going to the city for some drinks. You should come!" I heard muffling in the background, assuming it were his friends.

"Uh, okay. One drink." I shrugged as I stuffed the pizza in my mouth.

"You and I both know it's going to be two drinks.... then three... then–"

"Okay I get it, I'll get an uber!" He laughed and I rolled my eyes.

Nate and I used to go clubbing together. But I decided to get my shit together and focus on school and work. Aka, turning into a grown up little shit. "Cool. You should bring Sienna, Nomi and Kala."

We always went out with a specific group, it weer Sienna, Nomi, Kala and me for the girls; Skate, Sammy, Tez and Swazz for the boys.

I smirked in myself, thinking about all the damn trouble we would probably have to deal with the next morning. "Text me the address and we'll be there."

THREE HOURS LATER

"This is the best idea ever." I giggled as the tattoo artist patted my arm to prepare it for the ink.

I took a sip of my vodka Red Bull and stared at Skate, who was staring back at me. "I'm so excited, man." He smiled.

The tattoo artist chuckled and shook his head, "Ready, babe?" He asked me.

I bit my lip and nodded as he engraved the two letters who belonged to the man who currently held my left hand.

Nathan Maloley.

We weren't in love. We didn't even have feelings for each other. We have never even kissed. We were just friends.

But as friends, we thought it was the best idea ever to get each other's initials tattooed on our fingers.

And to put the cherry on top: we tattooed it on our ring fingers.

"Oh my God..." I gasped. "It's so fucking dope!" I yelled as I stared at the two subtle letters on the side my ring finger.

After Skate got his tattooed, I took a picture of the tattoos next to each other and I hugged Nate like we just got fucking married. "Oh my God, my first tattoo." I told him.

"I usually get tattoos, but this should be my most special one so far."

"What do you mean so far?" I playfully slapped his arm.

We walked on the middle of the streets all by ourselves since our friends stormed off a couple of hours ago.

Nate threw his arm over my shoulders and I automatically leaned into his touch. "Best night ever." I whispered.

THE NEXT MORNING

"Worst night ever." I groaned as I rolled to my side, only to see Nate Maloley smirking back at me. "Thank God we didn't hook up, though."

"I do have a boner."

"Why?"

"You're wearing nothing but my shirt and a thong."

I rolled my eyes and stretched. "I'm glad we kept it within our limits last night." I smiled in satisfaction, until his next words ruined it all.

"Your letters are on my finger." I looked back at him and furrowed my brows in confusion.

I grabbed his finger and analyzed the letters who were painted into his skin. "This could mean anything."

"You know damn well these are your letters."

"No, because then I would have– oh my fucking God." I stared at the NM on my ring finger and swore in myself. "Jesus, I knew it was too good to be true!"

"What is?"

"Waking up without a headache, which meant I didn't drink too much! But I think I drank so much I just outgamed my hangover."

"That doesn't make any sense."

"The fact that your name is on my ring finger doesn't make any sense! Fuck, everyone's gonna think I'm married or some shit!"

Skate laughed, which made me turn livid. "You think this is funny, Maloley?"

"I honestly don't mind."

"Why?"

"My life's all about making memories. Last night was a great memory, and now I have a souvenir to go with it." He held up his finger and smirked. "I think it's kind of cute, though."

"Fuck off." I groaned.

He laughed. "For real, man." He grabbed my ring finger and caressed it. "This has something to it, Y/N."

"Yeah, your name!"

"No, I meant... I like how my name is on your ring finger. Like I'm yours. And you're mine."

I rolled my eyes, "But that's not reality."

"Is it crazy of me to say that I want to make that reality?"