Hard 2 Get

This night we had some nice dinner with the boys and the girls. Aka, Nate's friends and my friends.

We had never done this before, but it turned out better than expected. "I had fun." He said, breaking the comfortable silence.

"Me too." I told him. "I wouldn't think they would get along."

He furrowed his brows, "Why? Your friends are hot, and so are mine, so what's the deal."

I laughed and shook my head, "Just a feeling."

"We're all hot. Of course we get along." He said like it was the most normal thing to say.

I nodded and low-key rolled my eyes. "My birthday is coming up." He randomly said.
"I know."

"You know what I want for my birthday?" I could feel his gaze linger on me.

"A card that says 'I didn't know what to get you, so here's a card with ten bucks.'?"

He chuckled. "I want to have a birthday dinner."

"Like tonight?" I asked.

"Hmm-mm." He mumbled in agreement. "But there's just two people coming, though."

While furrowing my brows I asked, "Who?"

"You and me."

Good one. I bit my lip, trying not to laugh. "You smooth bastard."

"I'm good, right?" He laughed.

"You're amazing." I sarcastically over-exaggerated.

"I know." It was quiet again. I loved spending time with Nate, but I just couldn't imagine him as my boyfriend. "So, does it seem like a good idea?"

I pursed my lips and thought about it for a while. "Maybe."

"Playing hard to get?" He asked while smirking.

"Nathan, I am hard to get." I shot back.

I glanced over at him and saw him looking at me with... an unfamiliar look in his eyes. I just couldn't place a finger on it...

"I'm taking you out no matter what you say, though." I chuckled.

"Sounds nice." I truthfully said.

"Really?" I entered his street and quickly I was in Nate's driveway.

"Yeah." I said as I stopped the car.

The evening was quiet, this neighbourhood was really, really quiet. "I'm not supposing we're kissing tonight?"

I laughed and shook my head. "Was worth a try." He pouted.

"Good night, Nate." I said while messing up his hair.

"C'mon, give me a kiss on the cheek." I laughed and cocked my brow. "Innocent peck on the cheek." He pointed at his left cheek and I actually leaned in.

He did the expected unexpected. He turned his head before I reached his cheek. "You–"

Before I could finish my shout he interrupted me. "Good night, Y/N." With that he stepped out of the car and blew me a kiss.

"Cheeky asshole." I murmured in myself while smiling.