Tension

Nate invited me to have some dinner with him and his friends, aka the Jacks, Sam and Swazz. I felt a little weird being the only girl, but I couldn't care less. "So, what do you want eat?" Nate asked me as he placed his hand on my thigh.

"I don't know... Never been here. Is it good?" I asked him while looking through the menu.

He groaned. "It's the best thing! I'll order for you. I know what you like." Nate said while winking. I nodded in agreement and joined the conversation.

I felt someone next to me pat my shoulder and I faced Sam. We kindly smiled at each other. "Like the restaurant?" He asked me.

"Yeah, it's cute. Is the food good here?" I asked Sam.

He nodded and smiled, coming closer to me to whisper something in my ear. I furrowed my brows. "This food is so good that it'll haunt you forever."

I laughed and shook my head. He sat closer to me. "That sounds... overwhelming."

"Because it is." Nate excused himself to the bathroom and everyone continued doing their own thing. "Maybe I can take you here another time." Sammy smirked. I furrowed my brows and looked a little awkward.

"Sure, as friends." I quickly said. He softly nodded and looked down at his lap. "So..."

"So..."

The tension between Sam and me were always really... uncomfortable and awkward. But we managed to go through the awkwardness. "Missed something?" Nate said as he placed his hand on my shoulder. Thank God.

"Nope. Not really." Sam answered while smiling.

Time flew by and the food finally arrived. They were right. This willhaunt me forever.

Sam kept coming a little too close or placing his hand on my thigh. It started to annoy me. "Cut the crap." I whispered to him. Nate was busily discussing about New York so he didn't really hear it.

"What crap?" I turned to him and he looked more confident than ever.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't act so innocent, Wilk."

"I am innocent."

"Can you just fucking stop touching I-"

"Touching?" Nate said.

Great.

With Sam to my left and my boyfriend to my right, I felt a little uneasy. "Touching?" Nate repeated.

"It's nothing." I assured him.

"This fuck boy here touching you is 'nothing'?" He said while glaring at Sam who was raising his hands in defeat.

"Didn't do any shit."

Nate suddenly climbed over me and held Sam at the collar of his shirt. I gasped and Nate quickly got pulled back by Jack G. "Dude!" He told Skate. "Calm your ass. We're in a fucking restaurant."

"Yeah, man." Sam said.

"You better shut the fuck up, Wilkinson. You little fucking snitch."

"There's no need to be like that, Skate." I said sighing. "He didn't do shit. It's alright. Can we just stop this and enjoy our dinner?"

I lightly touched Nate's arm, but his gaze was focused on Sam. "We ain't done here."