Give Up On Me

"Why the fuck was he talking to you?" My boyfriend asked me as we walked into his house.

I furrowed my brows. "It's his birthday tonight. He invited me." I placed the groceries onto the counter and slowly put them into the fridge and cabinet.

"Why?"

"Because we're friends?" I confusingly answered. "What's so wrong with that?"

He narrowed his eyes at me. "I know you know what's wrong with that."

I harshly swallowed, exactly knowing what he was talking about.

Last time my ex invited to a party, he tried to kiss me the entire night. Nate obviously noticed and punched him in the face.

Hey, I never said Nate was good at staying calm when he's jealous.

"Then just come with me. Stay by my side the whole night and I'll make sure I stay away from my ex." I negotiated.

"You're not going." He said in a tone as if he was finishing up the conversation.

"You can't tell me what to do." I told him as I approached him. "I'm not your property, which means I can do and go wherever I want." I clenched my jaw.

And he did too. "We already went through this." He whispered.

Nate always did this when he tries his best not to burst out of anger. He just stays quiet and whenever he talks, his voice scary and forced.

"You already went through this." I said while pointing at his chest. "I don't ever have a word in every conversation we have."

His body tensed and I pushed it a little further. "I'm sick and tired of you pushing me around and telling me what to do and what not to do."

"It's for your own good." He calmly said, even though he was anything but calm.

"No, it's not!" I harshly yelled. "You just do whatever pleases you. I'm fucking done with it! Can't you for once get off my back and leave me alone! I'm not a kid, I know what-"

"Fine." He breathed out, trying his best not to yell at me. "Then go." He walked away from me, going upstairs.

And the door closed with a bang.

***

(Skate's POV)

"Thanks for letting me be your plus one, Indy." I told the girl as we waited for the door to open.

"No problem!" She smiled. "I'm still a little confused as to why. You hate Dun." I clenched my fists at his name. The motherfucker who's still after my girl.

"Well, a free bar makes me hate him less." I smirked. She chuckled and shook her head.

The door opened by the son of a bitch himself. "Happy birthday, Dun!" Indy hugged him and handed him a bottle of Jack.

His smirk dropped quickly when he saw me. "I don't think you want to see Y/N in the state she is right now."

I furrowed my brows. "What the fuck did you do to her?"

He ignored my stare and I pushed him out of my way, my only intention to find my girlfriend.

Y/N tends to push her limits when she's upset and looking for a party. She'd take drugs and mix it with the booze, but last time that didn't end well.

She ended in the hospital for two days.

She doesn't remember shit. She doesn't believe anyone who tells her about the story. She thinks she knows her limits.

But she doesn't.

"Y/N?" I yelled out. At this point she was wiping her nose with the sleeve of her dress and I scrunched up my face at the cocaine.

She took a body shot from a girl who was laying on the table and they cheered for Y/N. "You're coming with me." I could feel my face souring up as I grabbed her.

"Jesus," she slurred. "I told you to leave me alone, didn't I?" She yelled in my face.

Right now, I wanted to yell at fucking everyone for letting her do this. They all knew what happened to her.

But I also wanted to yell at my girlfriend. She needs to get her brains out of her ass. I fucking hated this. "Let me go!" She yelled in my ear.

"You're fucking kidding me!" She laughed, but the humor missing in the laugh. "Can't you just trust me for one night? Seriously, Nate. This relationship is not gonna work if you keep doing this!"

I furrowed my brows. "What?" I asked.

We stopped in our tracks and I faced her blood shot eyes from the pot she most likely smoked. "Stop being jealous for once!" I don't think I've ever heard her yell so hard. "Learn to trust me with other men!"

"It's not about Dun or whoever the fuck was at that party!" I yelled back. She backed off a little. "I am less than jealous! I want you to stay away from Dun because he's a bad influence!"

The streets were so silent, I heard my own echo. "You ended in the hospital because of Dun! Don't you fucking get that?"

"I didn't." She whispered, losing all her strength.

"You did." I sharply told her. "Remember how Dun said you needed to try coke? Remember how you took twelve shots and downed a bottle of Hennessy after that? Remember the ride to the hospital?"

My voice didn't lower one bit and at this point I didn't give any shits. "You're wrong." I told her. "I trust you with other guys." She looked up at me. "I don't trust you with alcohol."

"I know what I'm doing."

"You don't! You're a fucking mess! I always have to drag you home and you always puke all over my house and you pretend you never did." I could feel my head aching already.

She avoided my gaze and looked everywhere except for me.

I heard her sniff, realizing she was crying. "I don't mind that you do." It was time for me to lower my voice. "I love you, even when you're throwing up the dinner I made for you." I softly said.

I cupped her face, making her look at me. "But I don't want you to be in danger. You were in a coma for two days, Y/N." I said. Tears slipped through his eyelashes and I pursed my lips.

She needed to hear the truth.

"I was scared I was gonna loose you." I whispered. "I'm not gonna put myself or anyone else in that position ever again."

"I remember, Nate." Her voice cracked and I clenched my jaw. "All of it. I just... thought if I pretend it didn't happen, the embarrassment won't be as bad."

"It's okay." I assured.

She cried into my chest and I let her sob silently. "Can you promise me one thing?" My girlfriend asked as she pulled back form me.

"Anything."

"Please don't give up on me."