Misunderstandings

"Hey, how was it?" I asked as I heard the bedroom door open.

It was like two in the morning and Nate just came home from this party with his friends. They invited me but I didn't feel like being surrounded by drunk idiots. "What are you doing awake, babe?"

"I wasn't, the door woke me."

"I'm sorry," he said as he walked over to me and kissed my forehead. "didn't mean to wake you." I noticed how his scent wasn't his regular cologne anymore, but it was more of a perfume now.

"You smell like a girl." I tried to joke.

He chuckled. "I don't."

"You definitely do." I said with a steadier tone than before. "It literally smells like my perfume, but the thing is that I wasn't at the party. And I wouldn't assume you'd wear my fragrance."

"Well, I don't smell like a girl, alright?" His temper started getting shorter with the second.

Nate wouldn't do such a thing, right? Cheating was nothing for him. I was jumping to conclusions right now but I mean... A party I didn't attend plus him having perfume all over him made it pretty convincing. "Who was at the party?" I asked him, breaking the tension between us.

"Anastasia and shit. Aka Sam's hoes." He tried to joke. I nodded and pursed my lips. "What's up?"

"It's literally two in the morning, what do you think?" I said, sounding a little angrier than intented.

"Well sorry, go back to sleep then." I could tell that we both were getting a little crazy from each other.

Before he could walk out of the room I just had to ask him. "Did you drink a lot?"

"I can tell that you're assuming I cheated on you." He said while chuckling without any humor. "Am I right?" He looked at me with an unreadable expression.

"I mean, a party without me with a ton of pretty girls who's boobs are hanging out?"

"So? I don't give a fuck about them. You really think I'm that unloyal to you?" I harshly swallowed, not knowing what to say.

Of course I knew I was being a little insecure with this but I couldn't help but think about the thought of seeing my boyfriend with someone else... "Answer me." He shouted a little louder than I thought, making me back off a little.

Whenever Nate was angry he was really angry. And I didn't enjoy one bit of him being angry. "I'm sorry, okay. I-I just..." Why was it so hard for me to talk?

"You are unbelievable. You don't trust me at all, do you?" I clenched my jaw.

"I do trust you! It's just that parties are something different."

"So you think I would hook-up with someone at every party?"

"No! Nate I-"

"Save it." He coldly laughed and shook his head. "I seriously thought you thought more of me."

"Nate, I do! I-I was just jumping to conclusions without thinking a-and I smelled perfume and-"

"Stop covering that shit up because it's not fucking working!" Nate raised his hand and I flinched at his move.

Was he going to hit me?

I looked and saw he ran a hand through his hair. Nate's expression fell and his eyes softened as he saw I flinched.

I laid down again, refusing to talk to him. I closed my eyes, trying to sleep. "You- You think I was going to... to actually hit you?" He stuttered.

I ignored him and harshly swallowed. If I just pretend I'm asleep, he'll leave me alone. "I know you're not sleeping." I felt his body behind me and he laid his chin on my shoulder.

"Answer my question." His voice was careful.
Once again I ignored him, not knowing the answer to his question. It could happen any time, right?

Nate lightly tugged on my shoulder, turning my body around to face the ceiling. "I would never hurt you. You know that, right?" He asked. I refused to look at him so I stared up the ceiling.

"Right?" He repeated. I could feel his gaze burn on me.

I slightly nodded, turning to face him. "I'm so sorry, babe. I was caught up in the moment..." he stopped talking and sighed, shaking his head. "I'm so fucking sorry."

"I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions like that." I admitted. I saw a small smile creep on his face. "I do trust you, but I'm just really scared to loose you, you know."

He smiled and hugged me tightly. "There's no need to be scared. By the way, Emily thought it was funny to spray perfume over me in the car. I got a ride from the Wilkinson's and she suddenly sprayed it in my face and shit."

I managed to laugh a little. "Sounds like Emily." He nodded and I closed my eyes again, trying to sleep since I was exhausted by now.

"I love you." He said as he kissed my forehead.

"Good night, babe." And with that, everyting went black.