No One Ever Loved

"Can you please save me some slack." I sighed as Nate didn't stop screaming at me.

We were at this again. I was so fed up with Nate and his endless arguements about nothing but stupid things.

"I'm fucking done wtih you and your whining, Whenever I see you, you do nothing but complain about how I'm doing something wrong. I'm a fucking human."

"I don't complain the whole time! What the hell are you talking about?" I furrowed my brows as I raised my voice a little.

He laughed coldly as he rubbed his forehead out of frustration. "What the hell am I talking about? 'Nate, you should've done this.' 'Nate, why don't you do what I told you to do' 'Nate, I don't like what you're doing." He mocked me.

I felt anger rise. "Do you want me to continue? Because that'll take hours then."

I scoffed and stayed quiet. "You have no damn right to come at me like this." I softly said. To my surprise, I wasn't crying. And I wasn't planning to. I would not cry about some kind of dickhead.

"I have every fucking right!" He yelled in my face.

I backed off a little from his voice. He was totally incensed. I had never seen him like this. "You're fucking annoying. I don't know how to keep up with you anymore." He sighed.

I harshly swallowed. "I'll make it easy for you." I stood up, grabbed my bag and walked out of the door.

And that was the last time I ever saw the love of my life.

(2 years later)

"Ladies and gentlemen, we're 5 minutes from our destination. Please fasten your seat backs and make sure your lap trays are up and your seat backs in the full upright position." I heard the flight attendant say.

I was here.

It's been years since I the last time I was here. I did miss my home here in Omaha, but London has been very good to me in these past two years.

I was visiting my brother who still lived in Omaha. He had been too attached to leave. He still lived in the same old house. The same house I grew up with. It was nice to see him once in a while.

When the plane landed, I got my bags and did all that stuff. Once I got out of the airport, I saw my brother waiting impatiently while busily texting someone. "Stephan!" I shouted as I approached closer.

He put his phone away and a bright smile was on his face now. He walked closer to me and hugged me. "Hey, sis." I pulled back and looked at my brothers face.

"You need to shave." I sassed him. He rolled his eyes and I smirked at him.

"People usually say 'Hey! You look great!' after they haven't seen each other in two years." He scoffed. I laughed and shook my head.

We caught up a little and went to his car. "So, how's London?"

I shrugged. "London is London, you know. Nothing too special, but it has been good." He nodded while pulling out of the garage. "How's Omaha?"

He did the same gesture as me. "It's... alright. A little boring, but other than that, it's been fine."

"Interesting." I plainly said. He chuckled and we continued talking about the actual relevant things that happened.

Once we got home I noticed the old house I grew up in and smiled.

We walked in and unexpectedly I heard a voice that had haunted me for nights. "It took you long enough, Ste– Y/N?"