Open Lies

"Y/N! That was damn awesome!" Chris commented as I got out of the booth. We high-fived each other and I sat down next to him.

"Thanks man." I smiled at him.

I was a singer, but I also rapped a little. I had been working with Breezy for a while now. He was actually the one who discovered me. I couldn't feel more blessed.

We re-listened the track I just recorded, but I felt like there was missing something.

After hours of finding out the missing piece and trying all kinds of things out, we still didn't find it. "And then he started-" I heard a voice say. "Oh, sorry. I didn't know there were people here." He quickly apologized.

I looked up and saw my 'celebrity' crush. I was a huge fan of his music and I listened to it all the time.

Skate Maloley

God, he was even prettier in real, though. "It's alright, man. Hey, you know Y/N?" He said while bro-hugging Nate and this other guy, probably hus producer.

"Oh shit, yeah. You have a killer voice. I listen to your music all the time." He complimented as he walked closer to me and stuck his hand out.

"Aw, thank you. I'm a huge fan of yours."

"Really?" He said widening his eyes. I nodded. "Nate Maloley. But call me Skate." He friendly smiled at me. His holy dimples.

I laughed. "I know who you are, Y/N Y/L/N." I said while shaking his hand. We didn't look away from each other until the possible producer guy started coughing.

"Pierre. Nice to meet you." I shook his hand and smiled at him. "What are you guys up to?"

"New song, man. But we're trying to solve the missing piece." Chris answered. I nodded and sat next to him again.

"What's the song called?" Nate asked as he and Pierre sat across us.

"Open Lies." Chris said as he tossed my writing paper to them.

They read it for a while and then looked back at us impressed. "This is some bad ass lyrics'." Pierre said. Nate agreed and I thanked them. "Maybe we can make this a collab, though?" He suggested.

We thought about it and agreed with the idea. Skate and me within one song. It would be so much fun working with him and I could get to know him better.

We all wrote a little and it turned out even greater! The missing piece in the song was Nate. Suddenly someone's phone started ringing, and apparently it was Chris'. "Hello? - Yeah - Now? - Oh, sure of course. - I'll be there in twenty. - Bye." And with that he hung up. That escalated quickly.

"I need to pick up Royalty. Do you guys mind if we continue this tomorrow? We've been working for a long ass time and a little time off wouldn't be bad, right?" I agreed as he stood up.

"Thanks so much for the help," They all bro-hugged each other. "see y'all tomorrow? To finish this hit." Chris winked. We laughed and agreed to him. He hugged me quickly and left.

"Ah, thanks guys so so much! You have no idea how much you've helped us." I said while hugging them both, holding a little tighter to Nate.

"Thanks so much for featuring me." Nate smiled. "Have you eaten yet?" He asked me.

"No, not really."

"Let's go out for dinner." He suggested. I nodded and smiled.

"I think I'll pass, don't want to be third wheel, man." We laughed at his comment and Nate and I left together to some kind of pizza place.

"So, what's the song actually about?" Nate asked while biting in his pizza, boy he was hungry.

"I wrote it a while back, when I was actually dating, but I broke it off." I sadly chuckled.

"Oh, why?"

I harshly swallowed and looked at my pizza. "Found him in bed with my best friend." I chuckled once again.

His gaze dropped and looked sorry. "You don't have to apologize," I interrupted before he could say a word. "he was a dick." I sighed and took a sip of my coke. "So, someone got you inspired to write the lines?" It was my turn to ask now.

"Nah, not really." I nodded. Through the night we got to know each other a lot better. He was a really nice person, and a cutie too. We got a lot in common, though.

Once we finished our food we left again. Before going our seperate ways to our cars we stopped. "Thanks for the food." I told him.

"Anytime." He coughed before speaking again. "So was this considered as a first date?" Nate smirked and I kindly returned a smirk.

"You bet it was."