Mistake

"Hey, babe!" I said as Nate opened the door to his apartment.

"Hey, uh. What-What are you doing here?" He asked while looking around and scratching the back of his head.

He always did that when he was nervous... "I got out of class earlier so I thought let's surprise you with some food!" I showed the Mc Donald's bag and smiled at him.

He awkwardly returned a smile and looked around again. I noticed there were shoes who weren't mine. "Hey, did I leave my shoes here?" I tested him out.

"Uh, no. They're uh," He stuttered. "yeah, they're yours."

"But two seconds ago they-"

"They're yours, babe." He smiled. I furrowed my brows and walked in.

There were clothes thrown in a corner, I noticed. I scrunched my nose and walked over to the kitchen where I saw a fucking naked girl lost.

I harshly swallowed as I death glared her. "Y/N, I-"

"'It's not what it looks like' you're trying to say? Save that shit, Nate. If you're going to cheat on me, have at least a better fucking excuse!" I yelled in his face. I ignored the girl. Hell, she probably didn't even know he had a fucking girlfriend.

"Baby-"

"Don't 'baby' me, you dick head! I can't believe I ever trusted you!" I spat at him.

"Let me just explain it." He said calmly.

"Then explain." I said crossing my arms. He didn't say anything. I waited, and waited, but it never came. "Go to hell, Nate Maloley."

***

"Y/N?" Sam said as he opened the door.

"I don't know why I'm here, but I just felt like I need a friend." I softly said as I tried to keep the tears in.

I couldn't believe I was actually not crying because of that dick.

Until Sam pulled in for a bloody hug, then all the tears started streaming down my face. "What happened?" He said softly.

I ignored it and bawled onto his shirt. "Nate cheated." My voice hitched as I continued letting quiet tears down my face.

I felt Sam's chest tighten and we walked in his house. He took care of me. We watched anything not-love-related movies, he got us In-n-Out and we talked about it for a short while, but then we continued talking about someone else.

I missed him. I missed Nate more than anything. But the fact that I wasn't enough for him, broke my heart. But I still couldn't get over him or it.

It was 8 in the evening and the doorbell rang. "Expecting someone?" I asked Sam. My throat was dry of the endless tears I let out.

He shook his head and opened the door. "Nate." I heard Sam say.

My heart started racing and I looked at the door. I couldn't see Nate but I heard that they started talking softer and softer.

I decided to walk over there and see what the hell was happening. "Y/N." Nate said as I hid behind Sam like a little kid. "Y/N, please. Hear me out, once. One time is all I'm asking you." He begged. Sam looked at me and I eventually gave in. I couldn't leave Nate.

I nodded at Sam for approval and he said he would be in the living room. "Once." I told him.

He nodded and harshly swallowed. "She was a mistake. I-I got into the moment and she was just a friend, but we both were fucked up and you weren't here.

I knew and know it's really fucking wrong but please believe me, she was a mistake." He quickly said.

"Promise me one thing." I said after a while of thinking. He widened his eyes and bit his lip. "Don't ever do this again."

He raised his pinky and I intertwined mine with his. "I promise it till the day I die, baby." I weakly smiled and leaned in for a hug.