Wendy's

"So, where are we going?" I asked as Nate pulled politely pulled the car door open.

I stepped into the passengers seat next to him while thinking about where he wanted to take me.

Since we had four little ones, we didn't have a lot time for ourselves. Nate thought it would be fun to have a little night out for us alone. "I can't tell you. I want to surprise my lady." I smiled and Nate grabbed my hand. "Just like old times." He softly mumbled.

"Remember when we used to go to Wendy's like every single day?" I smiled at the memory. Nate and I had been together for over five years now and we managed to stay together till the day of today.

"God yes. I felt like a ball of diabetes." I chuckled. "But I loved it."

"Me too. But we have four little ones to take care of."

"Oh c'mon, Spencer is almost 4, Danny turned 3 and the girls are... well yeah almost 1. But you know, we could use some us time. Just going out and stuff."

"I'd like that. Maybe go to Wendy's again everyday?" I jokingly suggested.

"Sure, if you want me to have diabetes." I chuckled again and shook my head.

After a while we arrived at the restaurant, guess which one?

Wendy's.

As I read the sign, I started laughing. "I wanted to go for pizza, but then we started talking about Wendy's, so here we are." He grinned.

I leaned in and kissed his cheek. "I'm so glad you're still the good 'ol Maloley." He smiled kindly at me and parked the car.

We walked in with hands intertwined and got a table where we usually sat. Since that we didn't move out of California, it was the exact same restaurant. "Oh, God. This place." He breathed out while examining the restaurant and table. "This place is literally every of our firsts. Well, except for the bedroom." He winked. I rolled my eyes and saw him smirking. "I'm not kidding. Our first date was here because we didn't feel like going anywhere fancy,"

"our first kiss. I accidentally covered you under the sauce and wanted to help you." We both laughed at the memory.

"Our first break-up." I dramatically said. We had been off and on for a while, it was a bad time. "Sorry. Our first food-fight." I corrected myself.

"The first feelings for you." He said, trying to be corny.

"Hey, I'm Katy, your waitress for the night. Can I help you guys?" We ordered our usual food and continued talking.

"How would Tina be with the kids?" I mentioned my sister who was babysitting right now. I could trust her, but she could go a little out of her mind when she was dealing with four kids.

"I would probably sign her in for therapy after tonight." He chuckled.

I laughed and shook my head. "The kids would be fine right?"

"From what I've seen from your sister, I would say that they would loveTina after tonight." Nate assured. I nodded and changed subjects again.

The night was really fun, one of the most fun nights I had actually. With the kids and all, I didn't have a lot of time for myself or for Nate. But I didn't bother because they were my angels.

But I couldn't lie, having more of these nights couldn't hurt. It felt like we were 18 again, without kids, without any restless nights.

"Thank you, for tonight." I said as we walked out of the restaurant.

"Anything for my girl." He smiled while swining our arms. "I love you." He said while kissing my cheek.

"I love you too, Maloley."