Bet

"Aye man. I'm good, what about you? Yeah." I heard Nate say. I slowly woke up and started listening to the conversation. Eavesdropping isn't a good thing, but who doesn't do that when you get the opportunity?

"No, no." I heard him chuckle. "Dude, it was a stupid bet." What bet?

"She doesn't know." Was Nate talking about me? "That was seriously months ago. A lot happened man." I kept hearing Nate chuckle and slightly laugh at what the mysterious guy said.

"She was nice for a virgin, though." I felt his fucking smirk in his fucking voice.

This was it.

I stood up and walked over to Nate. "Bro, the thing is that-"

"'She was nice for a virgin, though?" I mocked him. Once he saw me he hung up and looked at me with shocked eyes.

"So basically what I'm getting from this is that you only got with me to 'show to your friends' that you can get someone's virginity?!" I yelled in his face in anger and disappointment.

Nate gestured for me to calm down by taking a step towards me, but I flinched and walked back.

"Baby, no. Wait... Well, yeah." I couldn't take this no more.

Without any hesitation my hand connected with his cheek, hard.

I widened my eyes but I slowly recovered, not showing any mercy.

Nate held his face and looked just as shocked as I was. I never hit anyone or anything. "Fuck you." I spat at him before walking out the door.

***

I didn't even know why I hit him. It was just that the anger and sadness was boiling in me. The thing he did was cruel.

Did he actually mean it when he said he loved me? Is he still with me because of a fucking bet? Questions were messing my head and mind. This was so messed up.

I was home again and a couple of tears started streaming down my face. There was anger, but also disappointment and sadness, but then there was the anger again and I just didn't know how to freaking feel.

And Nate, God. That dick head needs to- "Y/N?" I heard a voice say. "Y/N? Please?" It was Nate. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I know you're in there."

I ignored it and continued watching Friends. But before I knew it he stood inside of my apartment. I furrowed my brows as I saw him. "Let me explain, please."

Should I? I mean, what if there is an actual reason to why he stayed? Maybe he could answer the endless questions in my head.

"How the hell did you get in." I asked him without any emotion.

"I know where your key is." Of course you do. He approached me and I looked away from him. I felt his gaze and his body warmth next to me. "Please, Y/N. You need to know the actual story."

I looked at him with a cold look. "Then tell the story." I replied calmly.

He kneeled down to get on my height. "Listen, yes, it was a bet to get in your pants. That was a dick move, and I knew it right away. But I just needed to know you, so my friends started stupid drunk bets.

And I-I don't even know why I did it, but I'm glad I did because if I didn't, I wouldn't be with you." He weakly smiled. I still didn't show any emotion.

"Is this still a bet? Us?" I asked not looking up.

"No, no. Not at all, baby." His fingers grabbed me jaw softly. He turned my head to look at him. "I want you to look at me when I tell you this."

We looked at each other, like right in the eyes. And it was, well... intense. "I love you. I have loved you ever since the morning after. I'm not happy with what I did, but you need to know that I genuinely love you."

I tried to hold back my smile. "I love you too."