High in Hawaii

I was in Hawaii and it's the most beautiful thing I've ever freaking seen. Of course I've seen pictures before, but in real it was even more breathtaking.

We were here with a bunch of people and I had fun. It was hot, the people were... decent and I was at this beautiful island! "C'mon, Y/N Let's go swimming." My friend said as he stormed into my room.

Nate was already in his swim trunks and fully prepared. I, on the other hand, wasn't ready at all.

Yeah sure, the beach is great, without skinny models. I mean, all of those girls here and skinny as hell and they're not making it any better...

Sure, call me self-conscious.

"I'm tired." I whined.

"So am I, but that's not stopping me from going to the beach, come on!" He sat next to me on the bed, pulling on my leg a little. I sighed.

Nate was a good friend of mine and he was supportive about anything. "Nate," I sighed. "I don't want to go." I said, meaning it now. I really did not want to go outside in my swimming suit.

Especially after what Anastasia said about me. I don't know, but Anastasia or 'Stassie' always had a hatred feeling towards me even though I didn't know what I had ever done to her.

Oh and let's not forget about Jordyn. The two of them hated me for some kind of reason and would always tease me about my body.

I've seen them before, hung out with them before since we have mutual friends. They would always whisper things to each other or glance at me or whatever.

It made me feel even worse about myself and I didn't have the courage to actually come out and swim with them.

"Hey," for a moment I forgot Nate was in the room. "you okay?"

"Yeah." I lied. "But you go ahead. I'm going to stay inside." I shrugged. His face had an unreadable expression and I weakly smiled at him.

Suddenly he stood up and held one finger. "Wait, I'll be right back." And with that he sprinted to the door. I sighed and furrowed my brows. Okay?

I decided to ignore his little sprint and got my phone out and go on Instagram. Minutes later I heard a knock on the door and heard,

"Y/N! Open the door!" I sighed and stood up, opening the door for the weirdo who ran out of the door a couple of minutes ago. "Hey." He smiled.

God, you're cute. Wait what?

Yeah, Nate Maloley is the definition of cute and adorable, but hot at the same time. I never really considered a crush for him, but sometimes I would imagine him being my boyfriend... It's rare, I promise! "Hey." I opened the door a little further and he walked in with his backpack.

"Going on an adventure with Dora?" I smirked. He sarcastically laughed and rolled his eyes.

Nate placed the bag on my bed and unzipped it.
"If you mean getting high with Dora, then sure." I laughed and sat down next to him on the bed. "Ever tried pot before?" He asked me.

"Yeah." It was a long time ago that I tried weed, but it wasn't one of the best experiences since I was sixteen or something.

"And?"

"Gross." I awkwardly chuckled.

He lighted one and took a puff. "Want to try again?" He smirked.

"Sure." I shrugged. What did I have to loose?

Nate handed me the lighter and weed. I inhaled the pot and started coughing.

He grinned and bit his lip. "Stop looking at me like that!" I told him.

"No, you're hot like that." I bit my lip from blushing, but it didn't work along.

"Hey, you hungry?" I asked him, ignoring his smooth compliment.

"Yeah." I reached for the bag of food I bought earlier and handed it to him. "You're a lifesaver." He moaned.

I smirked and we continued smoking and eating for a while. Nate and I got to know each other a lot better and he was such a nice guy, even when he was high. "So, do you have a boyfriend?" I furrowed my brows and his eyes shot open. "I-I mean, like, does he treat you right? Like, uh he should treat you good because you–"

"I don't have a boyfriend." I laughed, cutting him off. He sighed out of relief and laid on the bed. I laid next to him and turned to my side to face him.

"Thanks for spending time with me today. I'm pretty sure you wanted to spend your time on the beach." I softly said.

Nate shrugged. "I just wanted to be with you in all honesty." I widened my eyes and felt my mouth drop a little. "You heard me." I laughed and shook my head.

"You're high." I told him, not falling for a word he said.

"I might be, but I can tell you that I'm a pro at telling the truth when I'm high." He snickered.

"Okay..." I said a little unsure.

"I've been wanting you for weeks now, alright? Have you never noticed something?" My heart started racing and my palms got sweaty.

"Not really." I chuckled. He clenched his jaw and looked at me fiercely.

"Well, let me just tell you that I've been fucking crazy about you. I feel so whipped saying this but whatever." I laughed and he smiled a little.

"I have this deal." He slipped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

My breath hitched a little by his movement. Nate seemed to notice since he smirked. "And what is that deal?" I asked, pretending like that little squealing moment never happened.

"You're going to be my girlfriend." I widened my eyes at his fierceness. "If you want, though." He quickly covered up. I giggled and nodded. "Yeah?" He asked while raising his brows.

"Yeah." I bit my lip and I noticed his gaze lower to my lips. "That sounds like a good idea."

"It is a good idea." He winked. And I knew he was right.