Test subjects (Part 2)

Months has passed by since...

Charlotte: Ace... Care to have a conversation?

Ace: I don't mind..

This was my first time talking again to Charlotte whom I didn't talk to for months...

Charlotte: *smile* You're a really brave guy Ace.

I was curious on what she meant by that...

Charlotte: Even though you get experimented to death, you still have the will to go on...

Ace: T-That's not true. To be honest, I don't know why, but, everytime the experiment began, I always remember my mom's warm hug... And because of that, my body stops the shard on taking over.

Charlotte looks at me with awe for some reason.

Charlotte: Hey Ace, do you believe in the other dimension where magic exist?

Ace: I don't know anything about that...but I like to know more.

She smiled once again and told me stories about it, untill hours hours goes by..

Ace: That was a great story.

Charlotte: Thank you.

I feel like going to that place with my mom and dad.

***
The next day..

At the dining room...

Before I even sit down and eat, Kai stopped me.

Ace: I didn't do anything wrong, I swear!

Kai: *sigh*

He suddenly took out his hand shook mine. I was really confuse at that time...

Kai: I'm sorry when I punched you last time.

Ace: Don't worry about it.

Although I know why you did that...

And that is where the three of us became the best of friends, even though we're test subjects.

We often talk to each other whenever we see one another.

Well, another month passed by, and we didn't see this coming..

While the three if us are having a conversation. Kai whispered something to me...

Kai(whispering): Can you help me win Charlotte's heart.

Ace(whispering): Ok Ok.

I cleared my throat out of the blue.

Ace: Charlotte..

Charlotte: Yes?

Ace: Kai likes you.

Charlotte: Is that so?

Kai: Y-Yeah, for a long time now...

I didn't want to interfere with these two, so I decided to leave them two behind.

I went on ahead to my cellar, when the building's siren suddenly sounded.

Ace: What was that?!

A bunch of weird armor guys busted the door open.

They passed by me and were headed towards where the doctors are.

A girl from behind the armor soldiers pat me on the head and said, "You're now free from this captivity."

I went outside and saw many doctors were slaughtered.

And at the end of the corridor, I saw the elevator.

I was dashing to it, when I remembered Charlotte and Kai were at the dining room.

I immediately dashed back to them, but , while I was running, I heard a loud explosion at the doctor's lounge.

The place was about to collapse.

At the entrance, luckily, I saw both of them.

Ace: We gotta get out of here!

We ran as fast as we can to the elevator. We were 1 meter to the elevator door.

All of the sudden, a pointy rock hits Kai in his leg.

Ace: Charlotte! Get to the elevator!

Charlotte ran inside the elevator, while I helped Kai to the elevator.

When I look above, a huge debris was about to crush us. I successfully helped Kai and pushed him to the elevator.

But, I was about to be crushed.

I closed my eyes so I can't see the two of them crying. And words suddenly came out of my mouth.

Ace: I wanna go home...

***

Suddenly the sound of the explosion was gone, and I was back at the original hospital I stayed.

My mom hugged me and wad worried because I was missing for months.

***
3 years has passed since...

And as a result of their experiment, I gained superhuman abilities...

I was being trained to be the nest heir of the family, but whenever I remember Charlotte, I wished that I will live a normal life...

(End of backstory)..
***

Ace: ... That's why.

Juniper: I see, a shard has been planted on to you huh, and you gained superhuman abilities.

Ace: Sounds like it.

Juniper: Well, I hate to break it to you, but, you're going to die soon enough.

Ace was surprised on what Juniper said.

Ace: What do you mean?!

To be continued...