Saving Lives And Shit

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Sienna followed the man with lanky legs as he led her to the parking garage where he managed to snag a nice spot on the first floor. He opened the car door for her and she climbed in, sighing in relief from the car seat, which was a nice cold, despite the weather being hot as fuck.

Andy flashed her a grin while climbing in on his side of the car, starting up the engine. He stretched and yawned, pulling out of the car garage and cracking open a window, pulling a box of cigarettes from his pocket. "D'ya mind if I smoke?" 

Not to be rude, Sienna shook her head numbly. "Go ahead. My phone's about to die. Can I use your charger?" 

Andy nodded, lighting his cigarette and handing her a cord. Sienna sat in silence as Andy tried not to make the car ride more awkward. 

When he pulled up to her house, he offered to stay a little while as she got settled, but kindly turned him down, telling him that she was just tired. Andy nodded and helped her take out her things, then he drove off, telling her to call him if she needed anything. He was nice. 

Sienna now sat on her bed, eyeing the walls. She thought that she would feel better if she was alone, away from all the noise. But now, lying on the bed, she hated the silence. It was horrible. She closed her eyes trying to clear her head, but nothing was doing the trick. 

The silence was deafening. It was killing her. 

Her eyes were drenched in tears as she grabbed her shoe from her bag and pulled the blade out, thankful that the security at the airport didn't detect it. 

She set it to her skin, half expecting someone to stop her, but when no one did, she slid the metal across her skin, the dotting red lines calming her instantly. Who knew so much stress could be relieved by such a small scar? 

-------

Austin

-------

Alex was bouncing around, holding her camera close to her, smiling like crazy. Austin smiled back at her, but he didn't feel genuine. Damn. He missed his daughter. 

He felt like he should have been the strict parent and told Sienna that she couldn't go home like that. She had to stay with him. But that made him selfish, didn't it? 

He shook his head, frowning at his stupidity. He was glad Sienna felt better. That's all that should matter. 

"You did the right thing, Austin." Josh muttered from next to him. Austin sighed heavily. 

"I hope so. She hasn't called yet-" 

"She's probably sleeping." Cara's voice rang out through the bus causing Austin to glance up. "Andy said that she was pretty jet-lagged." 

"Well, then." Austin mumbled, rolling his eyes. Josh frowned and placed his hand on Austin's. 

"Look, there's a very nice girl in front of you." Josh breathed, nodding to Alex. "And I'm sure she likes you. Why don't you just get your mind off some things and talk to her. She's good for you." 

Austin nodded and did as Josh suggested. 

"How are you settling?" Austin asked quietly as both him and Alex sat on the lounge couch. They were on the move this time, going to another city, another state. Normally Austin wouldn't mind it; he'd actually be excited, but Sienna's absence made him worry. 

"Good." Alexis grinned at Austin toothily and ran her fingers through her hair, fiddling with her camera. "Actually, something's been bugging me."