33 | Caught in the Fire

Start from the beginning

"This is much better!" Amberly cheered and loosened her way out of my grasp.

Though as we kept walking across the front yard, in the dim lighting of the spotlights in the yard, I noticed a figure was slumped down on its stomach, not moving. Amberly noticed too and she quickened her pace over to where the person was. 

"Eddie?!" Amberly yelled hysterically and began to shake the person. 

"Damn I was right," I snickered to myself. At least I thought before Amberly snapped her head to me completely infuriated. 

"He isn't moving Celesta!" she cried as she moved his head to the side. "Oh my God, he is bleeding—"

"What?" I interrupted and plopped beside her, only to scream with Amberly when Eddie shot up, completely freaked out.

"What the hell?" Eddie grumbled as he started to rub his blood-coated head. 

My eyes widened in shock. The amount of blood that covered his hair and that was around him was frightening.

"What happened to you?" I asked. Did he happen to be in that brawl and passed out here? It was total chaos moments ago. He could have slipped away and passed out here. 

"We need to get you to a hospital right now!" Amberly yelped and started attempting to pull him up off the ground. 

"I'm fine!" Eddie protested and shook his girlfriend off of him. "Where is—" 

He paused, looking around us in bewilderment. 

"Where is who?" I asked. 

"Dammit, Eddie! You are going to the damn hospital right now!" Amberly reiterated and this time yanked him up. 

"Damn buddy what happened to you?" I heard Zach chuckle behind us. I spun around and glanced at him, worry building up in me.

Eddie didn't appear to be drunk after all. 

Ignoring Zach completely, Amberly turned to me. "Can you drive us to the hospital? I am a little buzzed."

More like shitfaced, but I held my tongue. 

"I told you I am fine! Feel my damn head, there is nothing there!" Eddie complained. 

"You sure?" Zach queried and walked over to him and started looking for where Eddie had bled from. 

A questioning look went across Zach's face as he took a step back. 

"Do you believe me now?" Eddie retorted. Amberly still clung to him.

"What the hell man, you're completely healed," Zach said in disbelief. "That is his blood but damn, how?"

I'm sure he said that last part to himself. 

"You're okay?!" Amberly cried and ran her fingers through Eddie's scalp. 

"Are you even human?" Zach questioned.

"What the hell kind of question is that? Of course, I am!" Eddie yelled. "But besides the point, something is not right."

"You bet your ass something isn't right," I put in. "You are clearly not human. Given that all of us are supernatural, I am not surprised."

"Hold up something isn't right," Zach repeated and walked past us and looked down at the grass. 

"Finally someone listens," Eddie grumbled and started to rub his head. 

I strode over to Zach as he bent down to further inspect the grass. He was roaming his fingers over something and brought it back up to sniff it. He immediately jumped up, eyes blazing blue as he glared at Eddie.