128

I woke up to birds chirping outside and the crisp August air blow in from Anthony's windows, accompanied by an indescribable excitement residing in my stomach. Today wasn't just any August morning, it was the August morning of my wedding. My wedding with Anthony.

I rolled over in bed, expecting his peaceful soul to still be sleeping, but instead there was a single white rose, resting on the gray silk pillow case, and a pink envelope with white ribbon tied around it with such elegant grace, you'd think it was sent by royalty.

I picked it up, feeling like I was a princess, and untied it carefully, savoring the smooth fabric. I pulled out a vanilla colored paper, with lilies covering the top. As I unfolded it, inside were Anthony's beautifully arranged letters.

Dearest wife,

I apologize for not waking up with you today. Of all days, this should've been the one, eh? Well, I prefer to do things that are unexpected. Or at least, most of the time I do, so long as they don't infuriate you too much. Though you are as fiery and beautiful as summer sunset when you're angry, and just as intimidating as a strong oak tree... just one of the reasons I adore you.

The reason I chose to leave you wake with nothing but the world around you this morning, rather than my stinky self, was the fact that I know women have the tradition of excitedly chirping with their friends about their soon-to-be-husband's penis size, devil worship and tampons before their wedding, and I assume you and Kaity will be very feverishly doing so by the time she arrives at 8:00.

I am very, very, very eager to see you walk down the aisle with your father this afternoon. The very thought of it as me atingle as I write this to you, some days before today.

I guess all there's left to say is the fact that I love you. I hope your day is easy, contrary to popular myth and legend surrounding a bride's preparation.

See you later,

Your loyal husband

I smiled immensely and set the letter and envelope back down on the pillow, stretched out my limbs for a second, and took a deep breath. I managed to get myself into the shower, washing off yesterday's filth, and then dressed in some sweatpants and a shirt. There was no point in dressing myself in something more, considering I was just going to be getting dressed in about two hours when Lilly arrived.

I went downstairs for breakfast, and then came back up around seven o'clock to lounge out on the balcony. Boredom had taken its course and all I could think about was how much I wish Anthony didn't run off. Ahhhhgggg. Wedding. Wedding. Wedding. Wedding.

***

Kaity just arrived. She's carrying about three cases of makeup and hair tools, another bag full of jewelry, a box with my shoe and a rolling suitcase where she said my dress and veil were stored. Was she just dramatizing my wedding preparation or was this really how you get ready for these things?? Hmm.

***

My hair is neatly pulled back in some sort of updo. There are little jewels planted around the silky brown strands that Kaity claims will add a little pizzazz. It looks nice from what I can tell. She says next we'll be doing my makeup, but I told her to go easy. I'm not feeling the whole plastic Barbie look.

I know have thoughts of John. I want badly to call him, but I'm not sure if I can.

***

Kaity just went downstairs to get lunch so I think I'm going to call John. His number is so short that the excitement built up so quickly in my stomach when the dial tone hit, I nearly vomited.

"Hello, this is John. Uh, sorry I missed you call, man. I'll try to get back to you soon as I can. Bye now."

I slouched back down in the chair, careful not to damage the meticulous work Kaity had done, or cry and damage the makeup.

It was so hard to not have any contact with John, but I knew it would be bad to cry about it on my wedding day, and I knew not to be upset in front of Anthony. It would only make him even more upset.