1

My alarm went off, the ringing hitting me in the ears and soaking into my brain, automatically triggering a depressing feeling to erupt all throughout my body. My eyes opened in a flash, looking at the bright green writing on my analogue clock, sitting on my nightstand. It read 6:30.

 I let out a sigh, and whipped my hand down on the snooze button, then pulling my comfortable fluffy quilt over my shoulders as I rolled over in my bed. I couldn't believe Monday had come this fast. A part of me wanted to call into work sick, but another part of me knew I had to get up. Unfortunately, that part won. 

I peeled my sheets off of me, and swung my legs off my bed. The cold wooden floor of my apartment bedroom sent shivers up my body as I walked along it's cold surface to the bathroom. I flicked on the light, illuminating my bathroom and all it's morning glory. I took a look in the mirror, trying to rub off some of my old makeup from last night. I stuck out my tongue at the image of me in the mirror, eyeing my long brown hair and bright hazel eyes. I turned on the water in my shower and waited for the steam to fill out into the room as I undressed from my pajamas and underwear. I jumped underneath it's hot radius as the water trickled down my shoulders and back, waking the other half of my body that was still asleep. I turned the nozzle off, and pulled down my towel to dry off with. I was beginning to dread the moment I had to walk out of my house already, but I tried to be positive. 

I slipped into a fresh pair of undies and a bra, and rushed out of the bathroom to my dresser. I pulled out my tight black circle skirt, and my white v-neck short sleeve t-shirt. I slipped both articles of clothing on, tucking in my shirt and taking a walk to my mirror. I put on some mascara and lip gloss, after I dried my hair enough to be placed into a side braid that fell right below my boobs. I clipped on my gold name tag that had my name, Lilly, printed in black lettering. I slipped into my black converse and pulled my black motorcycle jacket on as I grabbed my car keys and my small purse. 

The front door was getting closer and closer, along with the long day ahead of me. Reluctantly, I turned the brass knob and walked out into the hallway of my condo. Just as I was leaving my neighbor, Andy, was leaving his apartment too. Andy was an older guy, in his mid 40s, who worked somewhere I'd never heard of. I think it was one of those typical work buildings, but I wasn't sure. He was dressed in his red and white checkered boxers, some white slippers, and a robe. His stomach was round and stuffed from drinking so many beers, and his beard was long and specked with gray hairs. I waved good morning to him, before jogging down the steps to the front door of the condo. I sighed, forcing my body to will me outside. As soon as I opened the door, the cold, rainy, air of Seattle, Washington, hit me in the face. 

A lot of people I know, including my friend Frankie, hated Seattle. They thought it was depressing, with it's constant stormy weather and limited outdoor activities, but I loved every second I spent here. Ever since I moved here for college a few years ago, I knew Seattle would be the ideal place for me. After all, rain was my favorite weather.