120

I woke up early morning in my native Michigan to the sounds of birds chirping outside and sunlight pouring in. I turned over in the pale blue sheets and looked at Lilly, who was sleeping soundly. My family was already up, I could hear them in the kitchen- clinking plates, cooking what they wanted, talking excitedly about Lilly, the newcomer to our kin.

I looked over at her again and smiled. My beautiful soon-to-be-wife didn't stir as I brushed the hair from her face, but when I gently called her name, she murmured a hello and scooted over to my arms.

"I can smell the food... and the coffee."

I laughed and kissed her forehead.

"Come on, time to meet the family." I said, pulling the sheets off of us.

I climbed out of bed, put on some sweatpants, and a shirt and waiting patiently while Lilly did the same. She finally joined me at the bedroom door and leaned her petite body against mine. She was breathing unevenly and her face seemed tight with anxiety.

I wrapped my arm around her and kissed her head.

"You okay there, pipsqueak?"

Lilly kissed my arm softly and nodded.

"Nervous, is all."

I couldn't help but laugh- Lilly was as charming as possible, she had no worries.

"Oh, sweetheart, don't be. There going to love you... just like I do."

She sighed, and squeezed my butt.

"Okay, lover boy. Let's do this thing."

I smiled and opened the door, and a plethora of smells hit us straight in the face. Bacon, egg, citrusy fruit, toast, etc. Lilly's stomach growled in response and her step had a light pip. I shuffled us along quicker and soon we reached the kitchen.

My whole family looked up when they heard Lilly's feet tap the clean wooden floor. My mom smiled, "Everyone, this is Lilly."