12

I came home around 11 from shopping with Kaity, with loads of new clothes, jewelry, accessories and of course, albums. I set the large amount of bags I was struggling to carry in my living room, feeling an enormous weight lift off my shoulders.

"There goes all the money in my bank account." I let out a sigh, and headed for my bedroom.

I stripped down to my bra and underwear, and quickly changed into a big shirt I bought as a motorcycle fair one time for a dollar. Don't worry, I washed it. I climbed under the sheets, and rolled around until I finally fell asleep.

***

The next morning I woke up at 10. It was Friday, and Friday usually meant I got to order pizza, which was a reason for me to get up. I skipped breakfast and immediately headed into the bathroom for a shower. Hopefully today, I could be left alone to eat, play guitar and watch some MTV. I turned the nozzle to the left and moaned from the sudden release of hot water on my back. THIS had to be my favorite part of the day. I washed up quickly, dried off and changed into some running shorts I bought to wear, not run in, and a hoodie. I threw my wet hair up in the towel, and slipped into my knee length fuzzy socks.
I walked into my living room, and took a look out the window. It was still somewhat sunny. How unfortunate. I skipped over to the couch, plopped down and turned on the TV.

Coincidentally, the music video for Taste The Pain came on. I washed Anthony jump (dance) around with his hair whipping from side to side, up and down. A rush of butterflies and happiness exploded in my stomach, and the only thing I could let out a sound like a dying manatee.

One thought was circling my head: I know him.

Just then, my phone rang. I figured it was my bank collector, so I ignored it. A few seconds later, it rang again. I got up from the couch curious as to who could be calling my landline.

I picked up the black phone and pressed it to my ear. "Hello?"

I heard shuffling on the other line until a familiar voice rang through. "Lilly? Hey! It's Anthony."

My heart skipped a beat. What the shit was this? "Oh hey Anthony." Play it cool, Lilly, play it cool. "What's up?"

I heard him chuckle on the other end, "I just wanted to talk to you, see how things were going since I last saw you."

No matter how hard I tried, a smile formed on my lips. "Oh you know, still clubbing with strange men 24/7."

Anthony laughed again, which sounded like heaven on Earth. I thought it was pretty funny too, because as far as I was concerned, I would never be caught 5 miles from a club ever again.

"Well, I'd be glad to save you again any time."

At that point, I was giddy, stumbling over my words from nervousness. But as Anthony talked for a few seconds, quick thoughts flashed in my mind: "This isn't going to happen Lilly. There is no way anything could ever happen between you and Anthony. Do you really think he even likes you like that? He clearly sees you as a friend. Besides, how would even see each other? Don't even get your hopes up."

"Lilly? Are you still there?"

I snapped back into reality, and answered Anthony. "Yeah! Sorry, I got distracted for a seond."

He laughed, "That's fine, sweetheart. Listen, I have to go, but I'll call you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay, talk to you soon." I hung up. My body slouched against the wall as I repeated thoughts in my head. I knew Anthony and I would just be a phase.

Too many of my past relationships were like this. I couldn't help but feel depressed for the rest of the day.