16

"Anthony?" I asked, almost screaming. He was standing in my door way, with a huge grin on his lips. He was wearing baggy jeans and a baseball t-shirt. 

"What are you doing here?" I stumbled. 

I was expecting like the surprise being a pizza or something. "I'm the surprise!" He said cheerfully. 

God, I at least hope he's taking me out for pizza then. 

"Oh, oh my God! Come in!" I stepped aside and watched as he walked inside. He turned around and smiled at me again. 

"So, um, what are you doing here?" I asked itching the back of my neck awkwardly. 

"I'll tell you that over lunch Kinkster." Okay, yes, take me for food. Good Anthony.

Anthony took me out for subs at a sandwich place a block from my apartment. When we got there, I was fighting the urge to make out with him. Now that I knew a lot about Anthony, it was making his attractiveness seem even more unbearable. We sat down at the booth and waited for our order to be taken. 

"So, what's this all about then?" I asked.

Anthony shuffled around in his pockets until he pulled out an envelope. He slid it across the table where I picked it up carefully. "Look inside." He said smiling deviously.

I peeled it open and pulled out two small slips of paper. One way tickets to L.A.

My eyes were as big as moons, "What are these for?"

Anthony laughed and stood up from the table, and walked over to where I was sitting. He got down on one knee and took my left hand in between his, "Will you do me the honor of going on tour with me?"

My heart broke. I pursed my lips and looked at Anthony's face change from excitement to depression. He knew my answer. 

"Anthony, if I don't say here and work, I'm going to lose my entire life. I'll get kicked out of my apartment, and I'll lose both of my jobs.." 

I watched as he got up and pushed his hair behind his ears, clearly upset. "I understand Lilly... but I could always pay your way out of all this trouble."

"How would that make me feel, Anthony? Knowing that I had to beg one of my closest friends to pay me out of debt... How would I ever repay you anyways?"

"You could go on tour with me."

***

Anthony and I hung out for the rest of the day until 7:00 when I had to take him to the airport for his flight. It was killing me knowing I couldn't go with him, but it was either that or live in a box on the side of the road in Seattle. When Anthony reached security, I knew it was time to say goodbye. He rubbed my cheek with the back of his hand, as a forced smile was born on his lips. My eyes began to water for some reason, and that reason is that I was sad to see Anthony go. I was even sadder to know he had come all the way out here to have me come back with him.

He pulled me into his arms and hugged me tighter than anyone had ever hugged me before. Anthony played with my hair, now out of its bun, and then sooner than I would've liked, let me go. 

He kissed my cheek softly, "Until we meet again, Miss Kinks." 

I watched as he walked off down the hall to his gate, and something in my stomach told me I had made the biggest mistake of my life.