52

I jumped up from the bed and padded over on the soft carpet towards Anthony. I had no idea who could be calling, but I was anxious to find out.
I kiss his cheek and took the phone from his hand.
"Hello?"
"Lilly?"
"Dad?"
"Hey kiddo. How's it going?"
I shot Anthony a look, to see his face completely confused. I held up my hand, and then picked up the land line, walking into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me.
"Good, yourself?"
"Good... Listen Lilly, I heard you were in town and I was wondering if you'd like to have dinner tonight-"
"I can't."
"Why?"
"I have stuff to do with my friend."
"Oh. How about tomorrow morning, for breakfast?"
"Sounds good, uh, the place we used to go with mom all the time?"
"Yeah, that's fine. 9:00 am, don't be late. Love you."
"Love you too daddy."
I hung up the phone and sighed. It had been years since I'd seen my dad, and I did miss him. But, ever since my mom passed away before I went to college, I'd grown distant from my family.
When I walked back into the room Anthony was standing patiently where I last left him.
"Everything okay?"
I nodded, "Yep. Just my dad. He wants to have breakfast tomorrow, would you like to come with?"
Anthony shifted his weight nervously, "Um, yeah."
"You don't have to if you don't want to babe?"
"No, no, I do. I'm just nervous he won't like me."
I couldn't help but laugh. "He'll love you, shh." I kissed his cheek and went to my suitcase to find something to wear for tonight.
I pulled my shirt and bra over my head, changing into a white muscle shirt and a pair of combat boots.
"Jacket, Lilly. It's cold outside."
Anthony slipped his big fluffy over my shoulder and kissed me softly on the lips, "Let's go."
I slipped my hand with his as we walked out to the lobby. Waiting there for us was Flea, John, Chad, Eddie, Stone, etc.
"You guys ready?" Lindy asked. Anthony nodded and pulled me along.
We walked out to the vans, and I climbed in more than happy to be going somewhere else.
***
I watched Anthony from the side of the stage, completely mesmerized. He controlled the crowd, and the music just flowed in his body. He was so synced to everything; John's guitar, Flea's bass, Chad's drums.
At the end of the last song, I jumped happily at the thought that I could kiss Anthony again after 3 hours of having to wait.
But, he wasn't quite finished. He stepped up to the mic and licked his lips.
"This next song is dedicated to my beautiful girlfriend, Lilly Kinks."
As soon as the words dissolved into the crowd, John started playing the song.
The song....fuck what was it?
Just then, it hit me. I remember the night when Anthony had made me dinner at my place back in Seattle. After dinner, Anthony and I danced in my living room to When A Man Loves A Woman by Michael Bolton.
I couldn't fucking believe he was singing it now, in front of thousands of people, not knowing why he chose that one in particular.
When he finished, I had tears in my eyes. He jogged off stage, and picked me up in his arms as he hugged me tightly. I buried my face in his neck and whispered, "Fuck you Anthony Kiedis." I couldn't stop giggling and kissing him.
God, I felt like a fucking teenager in love.