13

Anthony and I talked every day after I got off work for an hour or two, for a total of about two weeks now. He got to know everything about me, and I knew almost everything about him. Yesterday (Sunday), he called me at 12 and vented about his manager for an hour. I just sat there and listened until he calmed down. It was funny, yet very strange to hear him that pissed. I never pictured him being mad, in my head he was the laughing, crooked-teeth-smiling Anthony. He was an adorable little shithead.

I woke up Monday, showered, dressed myself and then ate a bagel. I made my way to the front door of my house and felt myself slump. Back to work once again. Oh joy. I took a deep breath and opened the door, shutting it behind me. I climbed down the stairs, and jogged outside to my car to escape the cold September air. Yeah, it's September now. Thank God! I couldn't wait for fall. Summer was my least favorite. The whole idea of sweating and bathing suits aggravated me.
Too soon, I arrived at work. Kaity was cleaning tables when I walked in, and looked more upset than usual. I hung up my jacket and smoothed my usual black skirt, tucking in my white v-neck shirt.

"Hey, is everything okay?" I asked approaching her.

She pushed her hair out of her face and huffed. "Rick has us working the night shift this week. Little miss princess Anne is taking the week off. We don't get off until 9:00."

Her words lit a fire in my stomach. I stomped to Rick's office and kicked it open. "Why are we working the night shift?!"

He looked up startled, "Yes...Anne asked for a week off so I gave her it."

I blinked, trying to really comprehend what he was saying. "So when we ask for a day off we don't get it, but she gets a whole week at the snap of a finger?"

Rick sighed, "Miss Kinks, need I remind you, two weeks ago you had three days off and Anne worked all of them."

I took a deep breath, "Yes sir, I remember."
With that, I walked out of his office and slammed the door.

The day went by quicker than I expected. Before I knew it, it was 8:30. There were practically no customers, which was really a blessing all things considered.

"Do you just wanna clean up and go? I don't think anyone is going to come."

I nodded, and sat at one of the bar stools to massage my feet quick. "I'm so fucking tired." I moaned.

Kaity nodded in agreement and sat down next to me. The front door's bell was rung and a man walked in, took a booth and sat down.

"Will you take care of him?" Kaity whined.

I let out a sigh, "Fine."

As I stood up, my feet flared with pain. I hobbled over to his table with my notepad and managed a smile. "What can I get for you sir?"

He looked up from his menu, and I nearly fell over from his beauty. He had shoulder length dark brown curly hair, and striking green eyes. Not to mention how badass he looked with his leather bracelets, and Led Zeppelin shirt. He was wearing a black and red flannel on top of that with ripped jeans, and black combat boots. In case you were wondering, I had fallen in love.

He smiled at me, "Just some black coffee." I nodded and scrambled off to fulfill his wishes. Fulfill his wishes? What was this, the Middle Ages? Oh boy.

I quickly poured his coffee and rushed back over to him. "Here you go sir."

He smiled and wrapped his hands around it. "Thanks doll face." Honestly, was he trying to seduce me? Because it was TOTALLY working.