28

I landed in Seattle around 12 in the afternoon. As soon as I walked outside, I felt at home. It was raining again, like most days. It was a beautiful rain today though. It was more of light drizzle, and nice "Welcome Home" rain.
I took a taxi back to my apartment, and nearly ran inside as the droplets began to become heavier. I unlocked my door, and took a deep breath of the familiar scent of my little crib. Ah, fresh febreeze.
I dropped my bags and went straight for my phone. I punched in Anthony's number as fast as I could and breathed faster and faster as it rang.
"Hello? Lilly?"
I smiled, "Yeah, hey kid."
"God, I miss you already."
"I know, I miss you too. I just got home, so I called you right away."
"I'm glad Lilly Bug, I've been dying to hear your voice again."
I giggled, "Same over here. I cried a little on the flight, too."
"You cried? Why?" Anthony's tone was very understanding, like he'd been crying too.
"I'm worried."
"About what?"
"Maybe it's too soon to say "us", but that's what it is."
"Us? Lilly, what do you mean?"
"I'm afraid our relatiionship won't last with being two states away."
Anthony laughed, "Listen babe, and listen good, I really like you. I'm not gonna let a couple thousand miles get in the way of it. I know our relationship has been pretty weird because of us repeatedly leaving each other for big amounts of time, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop liking you any less. Okay?"
A huge smile formed on my lips, bigger than ever before. "Okay."
"Alright then, I'm gonna go for lunch with the guys now and talk about tour dates. I'll call you tomorrow. Don't worry, I remember you."
"I remember you too. Bye A.K."
"Bye sweetheart."
I hung up the phone and repeated what Anthony had said about our relationship. My heart fluttered at the thought.
I was about to unpack when there was a knock on my door. I peeked in the peep hole and saw my land lord Thomas standing outside. I groaned, but unlocked the door and pulled it open.
"Lilly, your mailbox is overfilled. Empty it today or I'll have to fine you."
"I was on vacation...?"
"Not my problem. It's the complex rule."
"Kay." I pushed past him and shut the door. He mumbled something under his breath, but I was already running down the stairs. Thomas always pissed me off, and I tried to get away from him as quickly as possible.
I opened my P.O. box with the little key I got, and shuffled through every thing inside.
Sure enough, my check from Al was there, along with some magazines, and a few envelopes from a guy named Eric Johnson.
Eric Johnson? Who was that?
I ran back up to my apartment and ripped them open.
Dear Miss Kinks,
I work for a band named Pearl Jam. They're new around Seattle, and are working on their first studio album. Problem is, we don't have anyone to record or produce it. Word around the industry is that you are working on Rage Against The Machine's first album, so I assume you have experience. Even better, with bands who don't have much of a recording history.I hope you can work with us, and I'm looking forward to your call.
You can reach me at 206-768-9832.
Best Wishes,
Eric Johnson
To say the least, I was shocked I was getting another job so quickly. The rumor about me recording had spread around so fast, I felt like I was back in high school. I decided to call this guy an check out all the fuss.