107

"Lilly, I'll be right back." Anthony said loudly over the pounding music.

I smiled and kissed his cheek quickly before he disappeared into the growing crowd of partiers.

June 7th was Dave's birthday, and his birthday party. Anthony and I had planned it all week long, and Anthony wanted it to be especially nice since he had screamed at him in the studio. I wanted it to be wonderful as well, but for different reasons. Maybe it was the fact that I had microscopic feelings for him dwelling in the pits of my heart, or maybe I wanted it as a thank-you for him standing up to Anthony for me. Nonetheless, it had turned out excellent and Dave looked like he was enjoying it so much, he shined like a God.

Girls were everywhere, dancing around me, dancing around Dave and practically throwing themselves at Anthony, although almost everyone in this room knew Anthony and I were well on our way to being in love. I mean, I loved him, but I didn't feel in love, yet. There was a part of me still coping with the terrible loss in my mind, the confidence that I was, all by myself, enough for a man who stopped my heart with a smile. I only wanted to give him the same effects; I just didn't think I did.

I began to drift through the crowd of people, enjoying the popular music playing, and not missing Anthony too much. My surroundings were infatuating; there were beautiful girls everywhere, who danced like the stars, and men who offered me their hand at dancing. The building the party was being held was magnificent, too. It was tall, with beautiful marble pillars surrounding the dance floor. Balloons hung in the air, and glitter fell from the ceiling periodically, like it was trying to imitate the heavens' showers.

I wandered in my head and this "club" for so long, I nearly forgot about Anthony. When I recovered and realized he had been gone for almost a half an hour, I pushed through the crowd of women and men trying to find him. I wasn't worried, just curious as to where he may be. I got near the bar when a strong arm wrapped itself around my waist, and pulled me into its holder. I felt the clammy skin of a man, and the stone abdomen he sported. I figured it was Anthony who rocked me against his body quite sexually, but I felt nipple piercings and knew it was Dave. My cheeks flushed, and I spun around.

"Dave." I said confirming my suspicion seconds earlier.

He cocked his head to the side slightly, smirking devilishly with his arms wrapped around my small stomach still. "Lilly, sweetheart, dance with me."

I smiled a little too, observing how much he churned my thoughts. "Alright, only for a little."

We danced for several minutes, and Dave began pushing himself closer and closer to me. I didn't notice it until I felt his breath creep down the v-neck of my tight purple dress into my breasts' valley. I tried pushing myself away, but Dave's grip was too strong. I felt slightly panicked, but my mind repeated that Dave was my friend, not a stranger assaulting me outside in Seattle.

I forced nervous smiles, and then I knew that I didn't have feelings for Dave. The fear I was beginning to feel in my stomach was nothing I ever felt with Anthony. Dave's body was almost forming to mine, and still I tried to move away.

In one instant, when I pulled away, Dave sensed it and pulled me back, and planted his lips against my neck. His breath was so close to mine, the alcohol living in it told me he was drunk and attracted to me, and that told me to get away.

Using all of my strength, I pushed Dave away. The moment my skin was no longer against his I felt calm and with my power. Dave stared at me, as the realization hit him. I didn't waste another second, and began pushing through people again. I felt desperation in my stomach, and I wanted the comfort of Anthony's arms.

I managed to make my way to the very back of the building where there were a dozen rooms for storing boxes and whatever else. I didn't know where Anthony could be, but I wanted to be alone. The need in my heart to be with him was strong, but I was overcome with thoughts of how horrible my night had turned.

I walked a little further when I heard Anthony laughing. My heart thumped louder with excitement to hug him, that I followed it to a door at the end of the hall. I pushed it open and looked around. My eyes fell to the floor where Anthony was sitting with two other guys, and a needle stuck in his arm.