125

People were everywhere. I walked around in the pink dress Anthony originally picked out for me, greeting guests and meeting a lot of famous people. I wasn't planning on having a big party, but I guess Anthony did. I was tired already and it was only 7:00 pm. I had about four more hours to go, if not more. At least we'll be having dinner in half an hour and I can stuff my face.

My dad couldn't come up to the party, unfortunately. He said he was going to have to stay after work all this week because they were working on a big project. Anthony's mom wasn't coming up either, she wanted to, but ended up needing to stay home. His dad, however, was supposed to show up tonight, but hasn't so far. I knew Anthony was beyond mad, but he tried to mingle with the crowd instead. Another ten minutes passed of me talking to some record producer about any open positions (Which I found out there were several. He said he'd contact me.), I found Anthony and kissed him softly, then leaning into his chest for support.

"What's the matter, cupcake?" He asked, kissing the top of my head.

"I'm just tired." I moaned.

I felt him laugh. "But, it's only 7....11."

"I knowwwww." I said dragging out the "w".

He hugged me gently. "Alright, well dinner is soon. Have you said hello to Eddie, Stone, Jeff, Dave... oh, and Mike?"

"No, remember, they couldn't come? They had a gig or something."

"Yeah, remember, they called last night and said they were going to be here after all?"

"They did?!"

"Yeah, I told you!"

I lowered my voice slightly. "Did you stop to think maybe I was a little out of it after how many times you fucked me last night?"

He smiled and leaned in, speaking directly into my ear, using a soft, but serious tone. "Talk like that, and you might encourage me to do it again tonight."

Anthony kissed me again and then waved to Flea, and shoved me gently off to go find my friends. I sighed, already feeling an ache settle in on my feet that were cramped in these shoes. I paced around the ballroom, looking out the giant windows that looked out on the city, and the beautiful orange sunset soaking over it. It was almost time for dinner when someone called my name.

"Lilly?!" Jeff yelled.

I spun around on my shoe and saw him standing with the rest of the goons, minus Dave-he was sick-standing over by the appetizers. Although, I struggled a little, I ran to them in my heels. I couldn't believe it had been months since I saw them.

Stone hugged me first.

"Congratulations, little miss. Last time I saw you, you were a mess," He moved back to look me up and down, "And now you've changed into a princess."

I smiled. "Thank you. Same for you, 'cept you're still a mess."

Stone smiled and then soon I was engulfed in a double-hug from Jeff and Mike.

"Congratulations, Lilly!" They said in unison.

"Thank you both!" I said squeezing them back, like a sister would hug her brothers.

I kissed both of their cheeks and then made my way to the end of the line where Eddie stood. His hair was short, but still curly. His lips were turned up a cheeky smile, his cheeks a rosy pink, and his body hidden under a nice suit.

"You look stunning, sweetheart." He wrapped his arms around me tightly and held me for a long time.

I started to tear up as I listened to Eddie sniffle into the hug. We had obviously missed each other a lot- all of us. I pulled away and wiped my eyes.

"Well, we haven't been together for five minutes and you've already fucked up my makeup." I laughed softly.

They all smiled and Eddie stepped up, wrapping his arm around my back.

"Come on, Lilly. I have a few things to say from us, to you, before dinner."

He led me into a hallway away from all the guests where we sat down on a plush peach colored couch. He put his hand on my thigh a smiled.

"Are you sure you know what you're doing Lil?"

I grabbed his hand, slipping my fingers in between his. I didn't know what to say.

"Last time Stone saw you, you were near death because of what he put you through. I mean, we trust your decision, but we're also here if it turns out to be the wrong one. I have nothing against Anthony, but if it comes down to it, I'll beat him up if it comes down to it. I speak for all of the guys when I saw you're like a little sister to us. We're going to watch out for you."

I kissed his cheek softly.

"It's hard for me to explain," I began, "But, I don't think I could go on living without him. He's changed, Eddie. I can feel it in his kiss."

He smiled. "All right, well, in that case, congratulations. Now, come on, let's go eat."

Eddie and I managed to find our way to the dinner hall, just before they started serving. Anthony gave me a questioning look when he saw me hug Eddie before joining him at the table with Flea, Chad and Dave. They served us our fruit salad to which I dug into immediately, then our soup, on and on. After everyone ate, we found ourselves back in the ballroom sipping wine and champagne, casually talking.

A man I had not recognized before, walked up to Anthony and I, who were talking about what we thought about dinner.

"Anthony." He said, placing his hand on his back apprehensively.

Tony turned around, and immediately looked pissed.

"You're late, Dad."