23

John and I hit it off immediately. He started asking me what music I was into, and it was an instant connection. We talked for maybe 15 minutes about Jimi Hendrix's Are You Experienced?, making sure to drool over his guitar skills.
"Do you play anything?" He asked me.
I smiled, "Yes sir, guitar and drums. Occasionally, I'll sing, but I'm no good so I try not to."
Anthony snorted, "Please Lilly, everything about you is great." I felt my cheeks burn up, "Same to you Kiedis."
Chad rested his head on Flea's shoulder and sighed happily, "Ah, young love. Isn't it beautiful, Flea? Makes me feel like I could adopt six neglected puppies!"
Flea nodded his head, "I agree my friend, Chad! It is such a beautiful thing!"
Anthony buried his head in his hands, "Since when is this poetry class?"
I couldn't help but laugh. They were all such dorks.
"Hey Lilly, you wanna go for a walk with me?" Flea asked.
I looked at Anthony for permission, which was weird for me, usually I didn't give a fuck about people's opinions unless they were my 7th grade English's teacher, Mr. Farnes. Man, was he a great person. Anthony smiled nervously, but nodded his head.
I hopped up from my seat and bounded towards the door where Flea was standing.
He held out his arm for me to link with mine, and smiled as he pushed the door open.
The mild 70 degree weather of L.A. wrapped around us as we walked along the sidewalk.
"So, Miss Lilly, how are you enjoying California?" He asked, clearly trying to start up a conversation.
"It's great! I like it a lot."
"Hmm, seems like that shit head Anthony likes you a lot, too."
"He does? I mean I figured he kind of liked me, but I didn't realize it was a lot."
Flea nodded, "Oh, yeah. He definitely seems to have a certain interest in you. I haven't seen this much of a curiosity since Jennifer Bruce. Hopefully you're not a psychopathic bitch like she was."
That made me laugh, Anthony told me about Jennifer Bitch Bruce once, and she did sound a bit crazy.
"He talked about a lot. Since you guys met, he's constantly telling us things about you. "Oh! Lilly loves Jimi Hendrix, you guys should put it on!" When you weren't even here. It's funny, but I kind of want to punch him."
I giggled softly, "That's sweet." I really didn't know what to think of this all. Why was Anthony so interested in me?
"Yeah, it is. Don't hurt him, okay? He's not the womanizing man whore the media makes him out to be."
I nodded, "I won't."