15

I called Kaity the next day as soon as I woke up, and told her what Anthony told me.

"A surprise?" She asked.

"Mhmm." I heard silence on the other line for a few seconds.

"You still there?"

"I will cover your shift for today. Have fun, and use a condom." With that, the line went dead.

I couldn't help but laugh at how plain and simple she said it. I hung up the phone, let out a sigh and thought about what I had to do for today. It was 9:00, so I figured I'd better shower. But boy, was I going to make it a nice long one. I put 'Are You Experienced' on, and carefully, took off all my clothes. I took a look in the mirror, and for once, liked what I saw. My long dark brown hair covered my breasts and ended mid stomach. My hazel eyes were particularily green today, but were looking very sleepy, especially with the day old makeup smeared on them.

I turned on the nozzle to hot and quickly turned up the volume on my record player. Purple haze had come on, and it was putting me in an extremely good mood. Jimi usually did.

Steam filled my bathroom, and I welcomed the hot water onto my body as I stepped underneath the shower head. I washed up, turned off the water and dried off my body with the fresh towel I had set out.

I checked the clock, 10:00. Jesus, was that the best hour of my life. I wrapped the towel around my torso and padded my way to my closet. I skimmed the hangers, looking for something, anything remotely cute to wear. This was the first time I was actually trying.

I stopped and thought, "Wait, you don't even know what this surprise is... why dress up?"

That probably saved me form wearing something very uncomfortable. Instead, I picked up a pair of my favorite washed out blue jeans that came up to my belly button, and then slipped a cropped gray sweater on. I put on some socks and my white Nike sneakers.

One look in the mirror and I felt good about my outfit. Now, the hair. It had dried by now, and I was far too lazy to do anything to it. Messy bun sounded good to me. I put on some mascara. This was the first time I had ever dressed up, in a long time.

By the time I had finished, it was 11:30, and I had a half an hour to kill. I paced back and forth for a while, and then my stomach let out a loud, growl. Kitchen time here I come. I grabbed some cookies, stuffed my face, and then the doorbell rang. I swallowed hard and strolled over. Deep breaths Lilly. I turned the knob, and it was definitely not what I was expecting. Or maybe it was.