75

When we pulled up in front of the hotel, I felt all of my emotions explode in my stomach.

Confrontations with people, confrontations with Anthony... confrontations with Eddie.. it was all very unappealing at the moment.

When the car's engine finally died, I let out a deep sigh. Eddie looked over at me when he heard it and that same worried expression was back. I watched him climb out of the van, and I turned my head down to my legs. They were bandaged quite horribly, since most of the blood was still escaping and trickling down my legs, but I could barely even feel it with the constant pain coming off.

Eddie opened my door, and helped me out of the van and inside the hotel. He led me to my room and helped me into bed, where I would spend the whole night, despite the concert tonight. I didn't mind though, I spent all the time watching MTV, movies, the news, playing guitar and eating various bags of food and plates that room service delivered.

A around 5:45, there was a knock on my door. I looked down at the crumbs of Cheetos lying on my shirt, and in my bra, and the bright pink panties I was wearing. Within 30 seconds, I brushed my shirt off and pulled the sheets over me.

"Come in."

The door creaked open slowly, to reveal a very shy looking Anthony.

He smiled meekly and then walked over to foot of my/our hotel bed. A knot formed in my throat. What was I supposed to say now?

Silence fell over the room.

"I.. uh..  I came to clean your cuts quick before I have to leave for the show."

I nodded, and then watched him walk to the table to get some bandages, ointment and cleaning alcohol. When he returned, I pulled back the sheets again and presented him with the horrible mess that was my legs.

The cuts weren't deep, so scarring wouldn't be so terrible, but they were pretty big cuts. Anthony did what he needed, and then pulled the sheets back over me. I expected him to leave afterwards, but he didn't.

"I actually really came to apologize."

I looked at him. "For what, exactly?"

"Not watching you more carefully."

I snorted. He picked up on it.

"I wasn't flirting with those girls, you know.."

I stared at him my eyes lighting up with a certain fire. "Really?"

"Really."

"Well, then I guess going out for drinks later with them isn't flirting?"

He looked at me, his cheeks flushed red with embarrassment. He didn't think I was listening.

He looked down at his hands, which were folding nervously in his lap. I kept my heated gaze on him for another minute, but he finally stood up.

"Well, I should be on my way... I care about you Lilly."

I sighed again, and avoided his gaze, but I couldn't not say it, I sure as hell felt it. "I care about you too."

I caught him smile before he left, and when he did, I whipped off the blankets and spread my legs and got back to enjoying my TV and Cheetos. A few minutes later there was another knock. With much annoyance, I pulled my sheets back over me and allowed whoever to come in.

John hobbled in, with a grin on his face. He was alone was enough to light my heart as bright as a lantern. He walked to my bedside and sat on the edge.

"Hey angel. How you doing?"

I couldn't help but smile. God, I loved him. "Better."

John smiled back at me, and then frowned. "I'm sorry about Anthony... sometimes he forgets he has an amazing girlfriend who is very capable of getting her feelings hurt."

I shook my head, and merely faked a smile back at him, but he saw through it. John stood back up and walked closer to me. He placed a soft kiss on my forehead, and bent down to my ear.

"I love you Lilly, try to get some rest tonight."

I looked into his eyes, with were gleaming with wariness but shining with love.

"I love you too, Fru."