88

Anthony's eyes widened when he saw me, and his lips lifted up in a small, awkward smile. His bottom lip quivered slightly, but he held his gaze on me. I stared back at him, equally stunned myself. He was obviously expecting me to be some other girl.

He swallowed hard, "Lilly."

I shut my eyes tightly, trying to get the image of him and the girl out of my head. When I opened them again tears clouded my vision, but I could see the confused look on his face. I turned around and pushed through the crowd of people and tried to reach the doors. Tears were threatening to escape, and heartbreak rushed back into me. It was funny, just seeing a person brought back memories; one person you loved at one point made you want to jump off a fucking bridge.

I pushed open the door and made my way to the brick wall, and pressed my chest against it, breathing in slowly. I felt a hand, soft and warm, touch my back and rub gently over the skin. I turned to face its owner and saw the face I so often thought of slapping. Anthony looked worried, and it angered me.

I turned to face him, this time my back pressed up against the wall. I breathed in the night air, and felt the tears subside for the moment. Anthony walked in front of me, and studied me intently. I avoided his gaze, knowing it would bring me to cry, and I didn't want to cry in front of him.

"Why are you even here?" I asked, venom boiling in my voice.

I swear, he smiled softly. "Am I not allowed to be at parties?"

My eyes glared back at him, and he knew I didn't find it funny. My eyes were still glossy with tears, but they didn't slip out yet. There was a long moment of silence, heavy breathing and awkwardness.

"I missed you."

I ignored his comment. I couldn't handle the strong emotions throbbing in my heart. I wanted to strangle him. "I missed you"? Then why did you so easily, and stoically rip out my heart? If you missed me, why'd you let me go in the first place? Why did you ruin my love?

"Lilly, talk to me."

I looked into his eyes and saw the girl he fucked. My cheeks flushed red, and my hand hit his cheek harder than a baseball hitting the catcher's glove. His hand flew up to the spot I hit, caressing it tenderly.

I leaned in close, "I don't need to speak to you."

My feet were off in the other direction in a hurry, wanting to get away from that man. I kept up a brisk pace when I heard footsteps running behind me, and soon he appeared in front of me. Anthony stopped me in my tracks, and as I tried to sidestep him, he moved back in front of me again.

I wanted so badly to get away, to get Jeff and tell him to take me home. Tears strolled down my cheeks, and I cried out. My fists pounded against his chest in an effort to make him move. "I hate you!!" I shouted, my voice growing weak in a struggle to get air. Anthony gripped my wrists and pulled me into a hug.

His arms felt the same, but stronger and warmer somehow. His stomach was hard like the many times before, and he smelled like heaven. It felt like home, and it easily stopped my tears, but also brought new ones. I felt him softly kiss the top of my head, and I finally broke away. I pushed him a good two feet back and wiped the makeup off my cheeks.

"You have no right to kiss me." I said, my anger clear in my tone.

"I know." He said.

"Then why'd you do such a thing? Isn't the red-headed girl keeping you good company? Does she suck your cock well enough? Or did you find another whore to do so?"

His face softened, a look of hurt crossed it.

"Don't you even dare, Anthony Kiedis." I said, spit practically falling out from my mouth, "You are a bastard."

He looked down at his feet, and when he was silent for a few minutes. My heart broke even more, if it was even possible.

"Why did you kiss me?!" I asked again.

His voice was sweet and compelling. "I said I missed you."

I sighed and I started to cry again. "Clearly." My voice was quiet, and you could sense my heartbreak.

Anthony approached me cautiously, and hooked his finger under my chin, lifting my eyes to his. When I met his warm, fiery brown orbs, a sadness washed over me, and also a yearning. I wanted his tender, pink lips on mine, I wanted them to keep me from my breathing like they used to.

His hand softly wiped the tears that had drenched my face, but new ones trickled down just as quickly.

"Why Anthony?" I said in between coughs.

He shook his head sadly, and pressed his forehead against mine, wrapping his arms around my waist. Tears glossed his eyes too.

"I was being a boy." The regret was showing in his tone.

I coiled my hands around his neck and finally, my tears faded away. Instead, I had to control my wanting for Anthony.

"Come home with me." He said desperately.