Restart

~Heshikiri Hasebe~
へし切 長谷部

Requested by -EwieBee-!

---------------------------------------------------------

Nothing of these would have happened.

She fell on her knees after Hasebe left, still not being able to accept what had happened earlier. She remembered him throwing the promise ring out before leaving her room angrily. Clenching her fist, she went out without an umbrella and searched for the ring, but it was nowhere to be found. The sound of the heavy rain did not stop her actions despite being completely soaked in just a matter of a few minutes.

Where is it?

Scavaging the unexplored patch of grass, her mind refused to confirm the loss. Nothing just disappears into thin air simply.

"Aruji! What are you doing over there! It's raining heavily!" Running towards her, the secretary then covered her with his suit, kneeling beside the sage who started to tremble after being in the rain for an hour.

"Find it... Find it..." She mumbled, standing up and walking towards the other side of the grass patch to start searching again. Unwilling to see her in such demise, Mitsutada started searching as well. They searched until the rain stopped, but destiny did not allow her wish to be granted.

"Aruji, it's enough! Let's search it again tomorrow, okay?"

"No... It can't be gone... Let me go, Mitsutada...!" Removing her arm forcefully from his hold, she made a few steps before she collapsed. Before she completely lost consciousness, she had hoped to see the ring in her sight once more. Stretching her arm out, she imagined holding the metal within her grip before falling into darkness. 

~~

His hands were big and warm, and the roughness his callouses gave was what she remembered the most vividly. 

In the midst of her dreams, she felt a hand covering her forehead before the familiar warmth left before she could catch it with her arms. Opening her eyes barely, all she saw was a figure hovering over her. Mumbling his name, she gripped on his hand tightly before closing her eyes again, falling back to her dreams.

"Didn't she just wake up? Why is she unconscious again!" The secretary asked as he tucked her hand back into the covers. While he panicked, Yagen wrangled the cloth to remove the excess water before placing it on her forehead.

"Her fever is too high to the point that General's slipping in and out of consciousness. All we can do is to reduce the temperature down as far as possible, if not... she might die." Yagen paused in between his words before continuing his sentence. He did not expect her to go that far just for a promise ring. Heading out to make the medicine, he punched the pillar. The pain coursing from his fist didn't bother him at all, but the pain in his heart did.

~~

"Break the relationship, or everyone will be killed, F/N-san. Including your family."

"You...! I won't!"

The female glanced at her before grabbing her by the collar, pulling her forward. The sage gasped at the force and tried to ease the strain on her neck by holding onto the female's arm.

"I'll repeat myself again, break the relationship. He's mine. You're just a nuisance." Whispering beside her ear, she released her grip before walking off.

~~

Returning to the citadel, all she saw was that sage laying on the ground unconscious. Hasebe then handed her towards the government officials before dragging the sage to her room.

"Aruji, you should not have done this....! How could you hurt someone when that sage tried to help us!"

"What? I didn't do such a thing!"

"Then how does Aruji intend to explain that bloodstain!"

As soon as she heard the word, she immediately looked over her clothes to see bloodstains all over her collar. Her mind then gasped at what the female had did to her when she gripped her collar.

She was framed. She was innocent.

"I shouldn't have formed this relationship with you if I had knew Aruji was a person like this."

~~

And that was how matters evolved.

"Aruji, please...Wake up..."

Waking up to his words, She tried to identify who it was. Mitsutada was holding her hand as he prayed with his heart. As he felt a grip on his hand, he looked up immediately to see her finally conscious.

"Aruji! You're awake! Yagen, look!"

The tantou woke up before realising that she was finally awake. Doing a quick check, her fever was finally gone.

But it was a short moment to celebrate.

"Mitsutada...? Yagen...? Why am I here?"

"You collapsed after being in the rain for two hours, General. It has been a week since then. I'll call Hasebe to see you-"

"Hasebe...? Who is he?"

He froze in his tracks.

"G-General? Hasebe was your secretary."

"No... Aren't you supposed to be my secretary? It was Mitsutada before I swapped him out."

Oh no.

~~

"I am Heshikiri Hasebe. I will execute any orders that Aruji orders me to, even if I have to lose my life."

"Come, stand up! Don't be so tense!"

The sword looked at the figure before he gave her an assuring smile before presenting her the ring once again.

---------------------------------------------------------

She had selective amnesia as a result of the confrontation she had with Hasebe. What I would say that is that the mental impact was so great that her brain decided not to remember the things she thought was painful and only retain the good memories. Try searching the net to find out more :")