Bruise

~Shishiou~
獅子王

Requested by NekoNyann220!

---------------------------------------------------------

"Look at that damn girl, she's back."

The female then pulled her into what she thought was an embrace, but slaps were sent onto her face. The reddish mark slowly came to view after she was slammed into the wall by the man who was her sister's so-called 'boyfriend'; but they were just purely sex partners. 

"So, where's the money, brat?"

She returned because it was her day off in the entire month. Being a minor, the Government imposed a rule where they had to return to their families during this day to promote bonding. Failure to do so would obviously incur a sanction in her pay, which was extremely important to her because she needed that sum of money to further her studies.

She might lose her life if she didn't return with a considerable amount of money.

~~

Returning to the citadel, it was already late night. Everyone had gone to sleep except for a certain sword who was playing with his companion, Nue.

"Aruji! Welcome back!"

"You still haven't gone to sleep? I told you not to wait for me for countless times, Shishiou..."

"Look~ I can't sleep if Aruji is still not back yet." 

"Good night, Shishiou." She said with a smile on her face as she closed the door to her room, letting out a sigh as she undressed and took the ointment.

~~

Time soon flew by and he was very sure that something was wrong with her. 

She felt her body temperature rise as she held on the side of the door, trying to keep herself stable. It has been three days since she returned and got another part-time job as a cashier before she came back, in which work will start in twelve hours' time.

"F/N L/N, hang on. All of these will be over soon." She told herself, trying to get rid of the weight lingering in her head. Starting the day with smithing, the day ended with a sortie. Repairs had to be done to almost everyone since the enemies were too strong for them this time. While walking to the repair room after finishing paperwork, her legs gave way and she fell onto the wooden floor, surprising the secretary.

"Aruji, your face is really pale. Are you alright?" The crane asked while helping her up. "I am fine, don't worry." She said while trying to regain her breathing pace. From fatigue to muscle aches, all of these told her that her body should rest. Ignoring the signs that her body was giving out, she then started the long repairs. 

"....ruji! Aruji!" She returned to her senses and took the oil from the crane. She felt her limbs tremble as black dots filled her vision, turning into complete darkness after dropping the bottle of oil.

~~

"Her sister will be prosecuted two days later.  Please inform her once she regains consciousness. I shall take my leave." The official said as the sword ran to her room almost immediately.

"Yagen-"

"Shh! Let General have some rest! God, these injuries...!" The tantou clenched his fist as he took a good look at the blue-black patches on her arms. On the other hand, those marks shook him, as he looked at the unconscious sage. Why didn't he notice about it?

"Where did these injuries come from, Yagen...?"

"...Abuse."

That word angered him up. Why didn't she tell everyone and hid it to herself instead? It was a grave matter to him- no, it wasn't just him alone. The tantou beside him gritted his teeth as he tucked her arm back into the futon.

"Y-Yagen..."

"Don't talk anymore, get some rest. Call me if anything happens, Shishiou." He stood up and left her room with anger boiling up, so did the tachi.

"...Why didn't you tell me?"

She turned her head away from him.

"How long has this been happening?"

"...Three months. I would get killed if I didn't give them money since her boyfriend was from the underground world."

He didn't nod in reply. A mixture of anger and fear was what filled his mind. 

"Stay here, Nue." 

All she heard was her tears and the loud slam of the wooden doors as the animal snuggled into her covers to calm her down.

~~

"I am sorry, Shishiou."

He looked up to see her blurry figure as tears fell down. Next was a gentle embrace that made him feared even more. He knew that she would leave him someday, and that thought was what caused him to spend the future with her with many unforgettable moments. 

"...Don't hide from me, L/N. I want to know more about you."

He was then greeted with a smile shortly after breaking contact. 

The light shone greatly once again in her heart.