Sweets

~Nagasone Kotetsu~
長曽祢 虎徹

Requested by dirtyoldshoes! Hope you've enjoyed reading it! :D

Till now I still don't have him.. (sobs

---------------------------------------------------

The cold winter had a very special meaning to her.

Her friends would meet her at the nearby playground and play till sunset before she goes home when she was small. Snowball fights were one of her favourite games then. Her grandmother would make winter-themed sweets for the whole family every winter, till she passed on.

As time passed, she slowly took herself out from it and focused on her academics. Now she was just sitting at her office handling paperwork and submitting official reports to the Government, working as a full-fledged sage.

How she missed the times she had when she was small.

"Aruji-sama, I am coming in." Announcing his presence, he slid the door open and came in with some sweets and a cup of hot tea. Putting it at her table, she then noticed him.

"Ah, sorry... I didn't realise you're here. Mmm~ it's warm..." Setting the cup of tea down, she looked at the sweets. Not just any normal sweets, but japanese confectionery, known as 'wagashi'. Taking a flower-shaped one, she then popped one into her mouth and chewed on it, savouring its sweetness it brought to her.

"Did Mitsutada make them?"

"...No, I made them."

Looking up at him in surprise, the sword then bowed.

"Does it taste awful? I apologise-"

"Nope, it's really tasty! When did you learn to make them? It's rare for you to do this."

Silence took over as the sage looked up to see the sword.

A light shade of red was seen on his cheeks. When he realised that the sage was looking at him, he then turned his head aside.

"Ah... I-I...er... liked sweet food.. So I decided to learn how to make them... D-Don't laugh!" He could feel his face heat up as she giggled at the expression that he was making.

This had got to be the most embarrassing day he had since he was granted a living body.

"Thank you, Nagasone."