Spar

~Shishiou~
獅子王

Requested by Dragowolfy

---------------------------------------------------------

The sound of wooden swords clashing into each other were heard in the training hall. As usual, the female and the lion was practicing together.

"Look Shishiou, like this. Put more strength on the handle." She said while repeating the exact movement that she has been doing for the past hour. The sword then nodded and imitated her movement once again, earning an applause from her.

"Sorry, Aruji..."

"Come on, there's nothing to apologise! I know it's hard to master the techniques, but mistakes are bound to be made as you learn. I was like you when I started learning, except that my teacher was more stricter than me..." She gave out a small laugh as she thought back about the past. Her teacher even forced her to do 200 slashes a day as practice, which was considered hard on the ten year old girl. But she endured the gruelling training, and won champion in many local and international competitions. That was something that she could boast to them proudly as their master.

"Then, let's put them in action! Take your sword!"

"W-What...! That's too fast-"

"You can't improve if you do not try out with a real sword. That feeling is different from a wooden sword."

He was reluctant to draw his sword, but as his opponent had already drawn her sword out, he gave a small sigh and unsheathed the blade.

With a gentle bow, she then launched herself towards him and cut the blade down. With a loud sound of metal resonating, he blocked the attack with the sheath and swung the blade backhanded, aiming for the abdomen. She then pushed herself away from him to avoid the attack, but the tip of his sword cut through her clothes, crimson soon forming a stain. It shocked the lion terribly as he threw his sword aside and rushed towards the figure who was lying on the floor.

"I-I am so sorry, Aruji...! Are you alright!" He uttered while trying to stop the bleeding with his hands.

"I am fine, so calm down. It's just a superficial one. I'll need you to call Yagen." She took one of her long sleeves and replaced his hands with it. After a full twenty minutes, she then changed out and used the other sleeve before lying against the wall.

"Shishiou...?" She bowed down a little to see the crying sword. He tried to hold back, but he felt so guilty injuring her while practicing. What if she didn't avoid in time?

A soft caress on his cheeks caused him to return to his senses, looking at her teary-eyed. All he saw was a smile formed on her lips as her thumb gently swiped his lower eyelids.

"It's not like you to cry, Shishiou. Everyone will laugh at you, super sword warrior."

He gave a small laugh at the nickname he got recently before carrying her to Yagen's room. He did expect a scolding from Hasebe, but all the sword did was to 'camp' in her room and attending to her for the entire day.

"I am sorry for what I did, Hasebe." The sword said as the secretary left her room, giving an apologetic bow.

"Make sure not to use real swords next time. You're here to meet Aruji?"

"No, I just came here to apologise to you. Rest is what she needs now. I'll see her tomorrow."

Turning around the corner, he gave a small, relieved sigh almost immediately as he recounted the nervous scene.

The reason why he wasn't angered was because of her. All she said was, "You'll not be my secretary if you give Shishiou a scolding. It's an order, Hasebe."

As everyone knew, Hasebe wouldn't dare defy against her orders, and thus the lion was spared with his scolding.