Dreamland

Thank you for all your ideas!! My brain finally decided to start working and....

Here's one! Thank you MiYuki1523 for blessing me this idea! :))

I am sorry for not updating, and it's not really 'colouful' in a sense. I have no idea what's wrong with me these few days so enjoy as much as you can _(._.)_

-------------------------------------------------------

...Eh?

I found myself standing outside the school gate, clad in my high school uniform.

Didn't I graduate, I thought, while looking around frantically for any signs of other students. Luckily they were; strolling towards the school gate as time goes. It was 8am in the morning, and soon the school bell rung.

Sure it's nostalgic.

Walking down the corridor, I took a good look on everything; classrooms, tables and chairs, whiteboard and the field. It has been quite a long time since I graduated, and it hasn't changed any. Soon I reached the entrance of my classroom, before noticing there was someone standing there.

I immediately knew who was it after hearing his goofy voice.

"Name?" He blocked the entrance using his hand and demanded to know my name before letting me in.

"Harune Kiyomura."

"Hi Haru! I am Tsurumaru Kuninaga~ Please take care of me~" He said as he took his hand off the door, allowing me to enter.

Seriously, what's happening to everyone...

"Oi. Your seat is here. Get lost." I turned to see the dragon standing behind and staring with annoyance burning in his eyes.

Hah... Still the same old tsundere...

I stood up and sat on the other seat he pointed at. Playing with him, I apologised to see his reaction.

"Sorry, Ookurikara."

"... How did you know my name?"

"It's listed on the class register, idiot."

"..."

I pissed him off.

Well, I know him well, he wouldn't really do anything. He'll just let it slide.

"Hmph."

Guess I am right.

The second school bell rung, signalling the start of lessons.

~~

As usual the school eatery would always be full of people, so bringing a lunch box from home became a habit. I soon found a small haven at the rooftop where only I was to be seen at that time. With no one but me at the rooftop, it was a calm and peaceful lunch.

Except that there were people today.

Peeking from a tiny gap, it was Ichigo and Mikazuki, chatting over their game of chess earlier while munching on yakisoba bread.

Really...

"Harune-san, please do not feel shy and come join us!" It was Ichigo, shouting in my direction. In the end I got found out, so I had no choice but walk out from my haven and join them in their seemingly boring chatter. It lasted a full ten minutes before they finished their 'chess chat' and finish their bread. For the whole time I didn't even get to voice out.

I was ignored even though I was asked to join in. How ironic.

But well, it is good that I have company for lunch.

~~

School has finally ended.

Changing my shoes, I found a letter in my shoe compartment. It says:

Come meet us at the park before the students suffer!

Is this some sort of a threat or prank?

To be cautious I brought my sword as well. Not a real one but my wooden sword while I was in the Kenjutsu Club.

Reaching the park, I saw familiar faces. Three of my tantous; Hakata, Hirano and Atsushi were tied up together and being kicked at. My nerves snapped at that moment. Walking up and standing in front of Atsushi, I took out my sword. They laughed, threatening to hurt them.

"Lady, I'll let them go if you don't-"

"You guys... Seems that you don't want to keep on living and wishes to die instead... I'll grant that wish of yours!"

Multiple daggers were swung, aiming at death-causing body areas. Swinging my sword around like a dancer amidst in the music, I knocked them out one by one, like how I did back in the battle in Kyoto with the auxiliary team. It was sure effective, before every single one of them was put down.

If not for their uniforms, I forgot that there was an elementary school affiliated to my high school.

Keeping the sword back into the cloth bag, I whipped my phone out and called the police before the previous guy stood up and aimed his dagger from behind, leaving me unnoticed

"Haru-neesan!! Behind!!"

It was too late.

Soon the sound of metal clashing the ground was heard before a swift punch was delivered, sending the man out again.

"It's you, Mitsu.. Thanks."

"Haru, you risked your life again. Next time I'll revoke your status as head of the Kenjutsu club."

"Ahh that's mean..."

Grabbing my sword while I was distracted, I pouted at his harsh words, but right afterwards he was back to his warm self again. As the Student Council President he had the authority to kick me off the seat, but due to him being soft hearted, he didn't do that. To be honest I was grateful, being the one who fighted with gangsters quite a few times. The police soon came, and left after an hour later for further investigations.

"Did you get hurt?"

"Nope, none!"

"Then how about this one?" He took my arm and pressed it down, causing me to flinch in pain. Removing my hand from his grip, I took a good look. It was just a bruise. An injury is an injury when there's blood flowing out. No blood, no injury, my rule.

"Let's go to my house, stay there for the night. I'll explain to your stepmother."

You heard it right, my stepmother.

An abusive one, I got a lot of injuries back when I was small. I had a large scar on my back, and only Mitsu knew because he was the only one I could trust, even back in the citadel.

While walking back, my stepmother found me and hit me with a wooden bat in her hand. Not able to block it in time, the impact ran though my ribs, paining me like thorns pierced around me, blacking out soon afterwards.

~~

"Aruji! Wake up!" Shaking me at the shoulders, I was greeted with an eyepatch and sunlight shining in. Sitting up, I yawned before looking into his eyes properly. In reflex I felt my ribs, in a fine condition.

Dream... huh.

"Seriously, Aruji... it's the first time I had to call you up... Is everything fine? Have a nap later in the afternoon."

"I really need a nap later.. But first let's do some sorties and expeditions."

With him excusing and leaving your room, you uttered at what happened in your dream. It all seemed too real.